FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
SCT vs buggy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

fasteddie911

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: SCT vs buggy Reply with quote

Hi,
I've always been interested in 4wd 1/8 buggies, I love their look, power, handling and durability. However, I have been considering doing a project buggy, using an SCT (probably scrt10) as the base, then adding the necessary components to make it like a buggy, and possibly even widen it somehow in the future. The purpose of which is to make a "buggy" that is similar size and style of the 1/8 buggy, but is lighter and can run a small block like the 18tz(which I have an affinity for also), and can have somewhat cheaper parts. Now I am wondering how this project "buggy", which is basically a SCT, would handle compared to the normal 1/8 buggy. Since its lighter, would it not handle as well(especially in the rougher stuff)? Would I lose out too much on the durability? What do you guys think? I appreciate any help or suggestions, thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: