FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
New OFNA What one is it???? ULTRA LX 1????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

WOLFITZ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: New OFNA What one is it???? ULTRA LX 1???? Reply with quote

Ok guys, well new to the forum and sorta new to nitro...at least i'm diving in a bit deeper this time. my first rc car was a Team Associated rc10gt and now this beast. Heres the story at a garage sale saw this and i asked howmuch and the lady said it was her sons and he wants $100 for it and he is in college now.I saw it was missing the pull chord and had a lot of scratches i told her i could give her $20 for it cause it needs some work she said thats fine and if her son complained she would just give him the rest of the money from the garage sale...anyway so i give her $20 and she says i think i have the remote thingy inside to and brings out the Spectrum radio...i thought jackpot for $20 even if it didnt run...sooooo.... i bought the pull chord for like $23ish and did a little research the motor is a M.26 and the throttle servo is a Racing z270 and the steering servo is a futaba s3051 HV. anyway i bought some glue re glued the wheels and bought some fuel and bought a charger and 5 cell venom 1200 battery and it ran like a champ.

so my question is what model is this?
did i do ok?
i need a body where should i buy?
any advice?

MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: New OFNA What one is it???? ULTRA LX 1???? Reply with quote

Her son is likely gonna be

WOLFITZ wrote:
so my question is what model is this?

Uncertain of specific model, but its definely NOT an Ultra LX1.
Given the old school blue GT chassis (flat), old style servo tray and tiny radio box, the front c-hub suspension, and the rear suspensions upper a-arm and holder configuration, I want to say its one of the old Ofna Ultra Worlds chassis's with some optional parts and/or upgrades (solid center spool, steel spur gear, threaded shocks) added.
Even with its age, chances are you can still get most if not all replacement parts.

WOLFITZ wrote:
did i do ok?

The Spectrum radio system alone is worth $100 (new).
The JR Z270 and Futaba s3051 hv servo's combined are worth at least $50.00 (new).
So yes, I think you did OK..

WOLFITZ wrote:
i need a body where should i buy?

For all things Ofna, nitrohouse.com is your #1 source.
Most any Ultra buggy body should fit.

WOLFITZ wrote:
any advice?

Rebuild it, then drive it like you stole it as Im sure her son will think you did

While you have the diffs dissassembled, check the ring gears. If shiny, its stock. If black, much like the pinion gear, its the optional harden steel ring gear (most desirable). Regardless of ring gear, check for and shim the pinion for optimum lash (ring/pinion mesh) as factory tolerances are typically loose.
I'd also suggest using red locktite on ALL diff/drive cup grub screws. Note: Red locktite requires a pin torch or soldering iron (heat) to remove.

Good Luck
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#34030- Water Proof Radio Box
Noticed yours is missing...

Although it looks cool, I'd also replace that K&N cone style air filter.
WOLFITZ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say this but...I have the diffs open? Or whatever u said unassembled. Am I missing something or are u saying to open them I don't understand I am very nooby to these things especially the 4WD aspect I know where the diff is I'm just not sure what its supposed to look like also those other things u were talking about where is there a guide to these terms
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diffs= Differentials, front and/or rear
ring gear= Large Bevel Gear

Take a look at these Ultra Instruction Manuals.

Ultra LX Pro Manual Much of this LX Pro manual is directly applicable, both for assembly and part#'s.

Ultra Worlds II Instruction Manual The Worlds II instruction manual will help with the C-Hub (front) suspension, but note that the part#'s may or may not be applicable.

I suggest you call Nitrohouse and/or Ofna (both located in the same building) and see if they cant ID your buggy (model) and/or get you an Instruction Manual for the same.
6sharky9

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the old Ultra R2 model...The LX-1 has a much different chassis bracing and many upgrades..if you have to invest money try to find a the Lx1 or get the new LX2..both are very good ultra series models...check out my build up called ULTRA CAPABLE to see the potential of the ultra series buggy
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6sharky9 wrote:
Looks like the old Ultra R2 model...The LX-1 has a much different chassis bracing and many upgrades..if you have to invest money try to find a the Lx1 or get the new LX2..both are very good ultra series models...check out my build up called ULTRA CAPABLE to see the potential of the ultra series buggy

Its definitely NOT an MBX R-2. The Ultra MBX R2 (kit) had PBS on all four corners.

As for the LX1 being a better chassis, thats subjective. IMO, nearly all the supposide changes and/or upgrades made over the last decade or so aren't really upgrades at all.... just clever repackaging...
6sharky9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed...chassis.bracing.looks.the.same...always.makes.me.think.of.the.MBXR2.model..Used.a.few.pieces.from.one.on.my.build.
rc-demon

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is this buggy a Worlds II or a Comp ? (either way it looks better then the standard one!)

I bought one on Ebay and waiting for it to arrive and it looks alot like this one.

Does anyone know what the differences are between a Worlds and Comp ?

thanks!
David S.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the main difference is the Worlds II has C-hub front suspension where the Comp would have King-pin front suspension.
rc-demon

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David S. wrote:
I believe the main difference is the Worlds II has C-hub front suspension where the Comp would have King-pin front suspension.

ok thanks for this info!
wheelygerry

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a gt lx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: