FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Force .21 engine giving me fits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

bronzzhorse

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Force .21 engine giving me fits. Reply with quote

Ok, so I bought a barely used older model GT LX, with a Force .21 in it. Every since I've had it, it has had the same issue.... when I first start, OR when I refuel, the engine is so rich it cant get out of it's own way..... I have to lean it WAY out (half a turn or MORE sometimes) to get it up to temp, or it just will NOT get past 140-ish. Even after 10 or 15 laps of running it HARD to get it warm, it will NOT warm up unless you lean it, then it gets too hot to fast...... But whats crazy, if i LEAVE the rich/lean where it is, and fuel up while it is still hot, the whole process starts over again,, Its like the fresh fuel itself is cooling the engine down too much.... Now i know that engines run leaner as the fuel level drops, but this is just rediculous.....My engine seems to STAY at either below 140 or its shooting up to nearly 300. I tried leaning it out slowly, and it just will not warm up.. Any thoughts???
Ben Giles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:32 am    Post subject: hot engine Reply with quote

Try adding a extra head gasket or two, check for air leaks at fuel lines and check your carb settings to rich of a low settings will lead to what you describe. Adjust your low settings so the engine dies right now when you pinch the fuel line off. then you can adjust the hi setting.

Ben Giles
Qsac10@sbcglobal.net
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this your first experience with nitro?
What glow plug? I suggest an McCoy #8.
What fuel brand and blend? I prefer Byron's race blends. Avoid the blue kool aid.

Thoughts? Most likely not tuned properly. Force engines tend to run a bit warmer than others.
IMO, Force .21 is one of, if not the most difficult engine to properly tune. On the bright side, if you can successfully tune a Force .21, you can likely tune any nitro engine.
bronzzhorse

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MotionMachine999 wrote:
Is this your first experience with nitro?
What glow plug? I suggest an McCoy #8.
What fuel brand and blend? I prefer Byron's race blends. Avoid the blue kool aid.
Thoughts? Most likely not tuned properly. Force engines tend to run a bit warmer than others.
IMO, Force .21 is one of, if not the most difficult engine to properly tune. On the bright side, if you can successfully tune a Force .21, you can likely tune any nitro engine.

No, not my first experience with nitro, just with a Force .21
Glow Plugs are OS #6 (A3)
Fuel, the blue kool-aid (sorry, I run it in ALL my other toys, and cant afford 2 dif. kinds at a time.)
What IS the optimum temp for this engine???
I can manage to keep it from burning up, but im not sure for how long... lol...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: