FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
How a One-Way-Bearing Works

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Eggbert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: How a One-Way-Bearing Works Reply with quote

I see not a lot of activity lately on this poor old site. Too bad, as I still think a nitro buggy is the best all-around choice for a RC, and OFNA offers a lot of great choices.

But I digress. Since nothing much is going on, I thought I'd post my GIF animation on how a OWB works. Sort of useless, but it was fun making it with my GIF animator software.

And here's the "still" pics:

MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

purdy slick eggbert.

long time no see. yea the place has been quiet, too quiet.

been Rc'in lately? I haven't messed with mine in nearly a year...
just taking some time off myself, waiting for the next big tang.
still waiting...
Eggbert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spring is usually my time for RCing, and although this year is no different, I've been working on someone else's vehicles. An acquaintance bought two HPI Savages and a NTC3 plus a ton of spare parts and engines for dirt cheap and I'm fixing them all for him. I'm having a blast doing it too.

There was a NOS Wasp 26 (same as the Picco 26 I am told) and it gave me tuning issues. I swapped out the Silver LSN for the Black LSN and after a bit more fiddling have it running very nicely.

My collection doesn't need much work, although my poor old Ultra LX buggy could probably do with new wheel bearings and tires. I have an old NitroStart 25 in it now (my Savage got the OS 30VG) as the original Force 26 self-destructed (crankpin broke) and it screams with the NitroStar. The Ravager still works flawlessly with the original Force 28.

My two touring cars, a HPI RS4 3 18SS and a NTC3 (AE15) are still going strong. The 18SS engine block broke (I have no idea why) so I bought a new block cheap from Mecoa, and it's all back together, but I have a OS 18 CVR with THS pipe to install in case my 18SS rebuild doesn't last.

It's a shame the interest in this site has dropped so much. I really think buggies are the best land vehicle to have. I do admit to getting more into my Savage lately, but then again, there's lots of mods and things to do to it. The OFNA buggies work so well out of the box, there's nothing much to do. The Ravager remains stock, but I did do some thottle/brake linkage mods to the cheaper Ultra LX.

And that's about it. By the way, don't worry about not being too involved with RC. I find the hobby comes and goes, but if you really liked it once, the interest will perk up again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: