FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Need help with the carb please reply.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ecliipse

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Need help with the carb please reply. Reply with quote

Hi guys my carb opens and closes fine but the blue sleeve seems to have a bit of air when it closes and keep the throttle going a little bit. It stops after holding the brakes on for a second or two. The throttle linkage is set up ok but I need some suggestions to help get rid of this problem.
Thanks in advance.
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of all of the hyper motors I have had do this. It help but don't get rid of the problem. Put a small zip tie around the carb body holding the boot on.
Ecliipse

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for the reply but I'm not to sure what you mean by putting a zip tie around the carb body? I know what a zip tie is but not sure weather the carb body is the top T part or the bottom part that sits near the engine. Lol sorry to be a nuisance.
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boot on the slide barrel has a mounting groove in the slide and on the carb body. I always put the zip tie on the boot over where the groove is on the carb body to help from air leaks. With time the barrel will wear a little bit and get better. The air it takes in will not harm anything in any way so it's not a big deal. A carb return spring will also help from having to hit the brakes also.
Ecliipse

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I see, thankyou for you suggestions and help.
Ben Giles

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check to see if your bottom is to rich on mixture to find out just pinch off the fuel line if it dies right now its " ok"

Ben Giles
Qsac10@sbcglobal.net
sclark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Giles wrote:
Check to see if your bottom is to rich on mixture to find out just pinch off the fuel line if it dies right now its " ok"

Ben Giles
Qsac10@sbcglobal.net

if i recall right and it dies right away that would say its to lean? you want about a 3 sec delay before it dies? if iam right?

ohh on a side note been awhile sense i have been on this forum :) i just got some nitro fuel :) its costly stuff as you all know :( so i dont play with my buggy like i used to :(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: