FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Dm-1 spec or the GTP2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

justreal

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Dm-1 spec or the GTP2 Reply with quote

It seems I've broken down the pros and cons of the dm1pro 1/7 and decided to go towards a dm1 spec or gt2. As all rc cars/trucks have, what would the pros and cons be for these 2 cars? and which does everyone prefer? I think i'm leanin towards the gtp2 for now, but i would like a lil heads up about both before making this purchase..thank you guys.
BillDeLong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was recently in a similar bind, and I ultimately went with the DM-1 SPECe.

Having recently converted an RCBe into a GT8, I have about 6 days of racing experience with it, but knew that I needed to get a new car that was designed to handle on-road.

I was extremely pleased with DM-1 out of the box, it handles like it's on rails after my first day of racing it this past Sun, however it's no where near as durable as my RC8Be.

My local on-road track uses 8" tall barriers made out of lumber for the track layout and I've never broken a single part on my RC8Be when "rubbing" the walls around tight corners. I couldn't finish a single race without popping out my front suspension arm when tapping the corners. My fast lap was a full second faster with the DM-1 vs my RC8Be, but it's hard to justify if I can't finish a single race with it.

I plan to re-manufacture some custom aluminum suspension blocks that don't use the plastic A-B caps and hopefully I won't run into anymore durability problems in the future.

There are other racers at my track running the GTP and they don't seem to have any durability issues like this from what I can see.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: