FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper .21 8p race carb mod. 42,000rpm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

hyper dragger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Hyper .21 8p race carb mod. 42,000rpm Reply with quote

I have been running the hyper for a while since it is a cheap little power house. I mod them by myself and that has made a night and day change. Recently though I pulled the carb off of a just broke in 8port race with boost that has been modified. Took all of the needles out of it and since it is composite and bored it out to 9.10mm. Now with a modified motor the needles settings are back to almost stock and now the motor is just plain crazy. Doing the numbers it is turning 41,975rpm pushing a 5 1/2 pound truck.

Last edited by hyper dragger on Wed May 04, 2011 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great motor, with some mods it gets better, the run time is not that good, around 8min. This little engines once you let more air comes in, they will run very good but the run time will be less, I you notice, you had to open up the needles to compensate for the air going in, open needles means more fuel and less run time. For what I read from you, you are using this engine for bashing, I guess run time no mater, lol. The best mod that you can do is use a Turbo head bottom from a Novarrosi P5, P5xl and a cylinder head, This thing will out run almost anything. Now, just wonder, how you figured the RPM's, lol.
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a fast response. Already using the turbo head button. It is more of drag running with my truck so yes run times don't matter to me. For calculating the rpm I have a radar gun and the spektrum telemetry as well. Both of them are on the monney for speed. Where the sensor is hooked up it is reading the axle pin. so I divide by 2 since it hits twice in one tire revolution and multiply by the overall final. I have a 78mm foams turning at 6,600 rpm x 6.35 final = 64mph roughly.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good math, lol but telemetry is not accurate at all. This engines with a few mod can push easily 42000rpms, not a smart thing running that high, but is fun to hear it SCREAM down the road, lol. GL
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the telemetry is not 100% that is why I also have the radar gun to back up and double check the numbers. I am also aware that it is not a good idea to let the motor stay at that kind of rpm for any kind of sustained time. You get it there and let off. All I was saying is it is possible to get the motor that high. Also according to the x dyno a stock 8 port is maxed out at 33,000rpm which is pretty much spot on. You might get 35,000 out of a race version but that is still nowhere near 42. Running my truck with the foams also allows me to get a more accurate rpm base seeing as there is no tire expansion so I am not let to believe it is turning faster than what it is by a higher mph. All I know is before the carb mod it took tires that were a lot larger to get this truck to 65 and that the power was not as plentiful from the bottom to the top like it is now. Now you work the trigger to drive the truck without ever having the motor wide open to get where you want to be.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a video, I would like to see it in action .
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently working on it. I made a order from nitro house a month ago for the gears. They were not listed on the site as out of stock. Turns out they are and they and never gave me a answer on when they would get it. 3 weeks later they shipped and still have yet to receive them. I stripped out the gears of my 2 speed firestorm on the launch. The storm has the 2 speed out of a ofna cd3. I was running it back in single speed form till they sent the e mail saying it shipped. The truck has a 6.35 final with the single speed so when the 2 gets going the lowest final I could throw on it is a 6.50. I had even bought a video camera just for this occasion and burning my brothers moded tz jato. That by itself is another kink in the chain being worked out. The software the video camera came with does not support windows7 and they want another 100 just for that. Not going to happen. Believe me as soon as the gearing comes I will figure out a way to get the videos posted online.
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here is the update so you know when the vid is coming. I figured out a way to get the videos online. So thats all taken care of. Talked to nitro house yesterday again. He was able to track the order even though he couldnt last week. They have the right address in the system but sent it to the wrong one. So it is on its way back to them I think. Never did get any defenent word on it. All I was told is they will get it here as soon as they can. It is supposed to be nice all week and turn to crappy cold and rain this weekend so it looks like I missed my window of drivability for a while.
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long to get the video up. All of that waiting for the 2 speed gearing then it does get here and it stripped the spur gears on the second hit of the throtle. So the only way to drive with this motor is a all metal gear setup. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnGxyAq2oiwI don't think that this is what your average hyper sounds like.
hyper dragger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you guys think about the motor and that kind of run time on a 75cc tank. I do have rubber tires that would give me more traction and a higher top speed but with the foams breaking loose it allows for wheel spin instead of broken parts. When it hooks it breaks drive cups, dog bones, strips gears, and rim hex's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: