FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Mach 28 Help (NEWBIE)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

FoulridgeRC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Mach 28 Help (NEWBIE) Reply with quote

hiya everyone, im a newbie but not in every sense, i have had a few nitro cars over the years but never learnt anything about carb settings and fuel etc just let a friend do it but have decided to learn my self, so I bought myself a second hand Hyper 7 and then got a hyper mach 28 engine, I have tried to get it going and can get it to go a little but it just likes to cut out all the time, im running on 16% fuel as thats just what I have from what came with the car, so if anyone runs on 16% and could tell me what carb settings they use it wud be much appreciated, thanks in advance everyone and im sure there will be a million more questions soon haha
David S.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing you want to do since it is second hand. Make sure the engine has good compression. An engine with low compression will not have a stable idle. It will die out constantly, especially when warm.

On the engine use a standard hot plug, such as part number 51010
Your baseline settings are:

Low speed: flush with the ball end.
High speed: 3 to 3-1/2 out from closed.
Idle: set carb barrel to have an an air gap of approx 1mm.

These settings are rich, and for break-in, so you will have to tune from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: