FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Why use a .28?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Coopz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Why use a .28? Reply with quote

Didn't they use to have the .21? My friend wants to buy one but has been told it cannot be raced in our local club due to the rule that all buggies must be .21, only truggies can have the larger engines. (My TQ Black I bought the other year had the very good .21 engine)

Seems silly that Hobao/Ofna are using the Macstar .28, surely the .21 gives it more power and its race legal. Its put my mate off from buying it.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the buggy came from factory with a bigger engine than a .21 he should be able to race, your club can't penalize him, that is the buggy that he can afford or want to buy.
Stewie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a club. They can have whatever rules they choose. I don't agree with the .21 only rule at the club level and would think clubs would want to promote the hobby and encourage new enthusiasts getting into the hobby allowing them to run their kits with whatever engine they can get.
H9

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a stupid rule. Generally speaking, a .21 is faster in a buggy anyhow. The OS .28 was 'the motor to have' for a while (here anyhow), but people started to realise they were thirstier, harder on the drive train, and didn't have the same punch out of corners. No one now runs a .28 buggy at our club to my knowledge.

I think the Hyper 7 / .28 Macstar is aimed at the bashers market rather than club racers. The H7 were a fantastic buggy in their day, but don't come close to being competitive anymore, even for a beginner. There are better RTR's available...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: