FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
diff meltdown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

pickle411

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: diff meltdown Reply with quote

I was givin a ofna ultra lx 1 by my youngest brother as he went out of state for school. engine runs good it has a .26 purple engine in it. last week it began running on mostly front wheels and researched showed set pin had loosened on rear diff input shaft coupler and bearing right behind it tore up. Easy enough i replaced bearing and 5 mins of running rear diff had meltdown right where input shaft goes in and we were back to front wheel drive and no moving.. how do I properly identify the diff and or the car for that matter. i can say that the car has considerable blue aluminum parts on it and it requires the longer cv axles because the first axles i bought were too short the guy told me i had an older version. were the diffs different from old to new style?
any help appreciated
how do i post pict, i took some and not used to forum postings[/img]
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open an account with photobucket or flickr, are free. You can used the link from them to post the pics.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: