FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Ofna Twin 775 motor Bump box mod

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JessF

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Ofna Twin 775 motor Bump box mod Reply with quote

I can't leave well enough alone. I bought the blue ofna truggy starter at the end of last season and it's been sitting here doing nothing. Until the snow melts I gotta find things to do with it. I'll only be starting a .21 buggy engine with it, so having twin 775 motors is, in my opinion, overkill. If I remove one of the motors, I'll have a spare.

basic setup.

with the rubber flywheel removed you can better see the motor and belt tensioner configuration.

I had to relocate the belt tensioner

I drilled a hole down and to the right of the mounting hole for the missing motor

The new location barely clears the rubber flywheel. And I'm not sure if running the belt tensioner on the "teeth" side will be a good thing or not. But so far everything runs clean and smooth. If I need to switch back to the twin motor setup I will. At this rate, with only one motor, and a 5000mah battery, I should be able to bump start all weekend before I need to charge.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things can happen 1. the tentioner will be damage or 2. the belt will end up with no teeth. Can you put the tentioner in a different locatio? or a pulley with a bigger diameter so you can use it in the smooth side of the belt, again in a different location. Did you look for a shorted belt? That might be the easyest way to go. You have 2 motors 775 that together will create a lot of TQ, it will brake anything.
JessF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

already considered those 3 items. This was done with only what's available to me at this time. A shorter belt would have to be shipped in from the US. Have you tried this mod before?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah!! I have a Ofna 10245 with 1 motor 750 and I use a 4500mah and a 3500mah nic batt. This starter is been with me for 2 yrs. and I brake it in around 5-7 engines with no problems. That starter with 2 motor 775, it is way over kill, lol.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to a VW dealer and ask for the Belt that use the supercharger in the Corrados. That belt is shorted and is the same wide. Just an option. You might end up spending more doing the MOD than the price of a new starter motor. lol.
JessF

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for your contributions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: