FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
hyper 7 starting problem HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lee777

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: hyper 7 starting problem HELP Reply with quote

Hi all, this is my first time on the site so hope u can be of help ive got a hyper 7 with a 21 engine, i try to start it on the starter box and it runs at full throttle for about 3 seconds then cuts out and wont start again, i have cleaned the air filter, i blew through the pipe that connects to the exhaust but no joy, when it goes full revs the servo for the throttle is all the way in so should just be tick over???? any ideas its starting to do me head in now Cheers all...
H9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't been playing with the throttle stop screw by mistake have you? Take the air filter off, and with the throttle closed there should be a very small gap between the throttle slide and bore. Check it with your radio and servos powered up as well, should be the same with the trigger at neutral.

If thats OK, then your tune must be way out. Set the HSN and LSN back to factory defaults and start tuning again. Can't remember what the defaults are, but 4 turns out from bottom for the HSN, and 3.5 turns out for the LSN should be about right. Hold the throttle slide out when winding the needle screws all the way in, or you can damage the needle.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be more especific, once you look inside the carb the gap for the throtle when is close should be .5 to 1.0mm, this is about a credit card thick. That is how should be so you can have a better idea how open the TH should be when is fully close.
Lee777

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheers for that lads, i got it sorted now, it did have a pull starter on it but i have now brought a starter box, i removed the pull start and just replaced the cover, i removed the steel rod aswell now i have replaed the steel rod off the pull start back into the engine and now all seems fine what a plonka lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: