FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Mac .28 Just will not DIE !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mnsanch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Mac .28 Just will not DIE ! Reply with quote

Bought this Hyper 8.5 used off of craigs list for $100 about 3 months ago and now I have about 7 1/2 more gallons through this mac .28! Since I got this engine/buggy I have had nothing but opportunitys with it due to the previous owner turning everthing every which way even the mid range needle to the point of stripping all HSN, LSN, MID out !! LMAO

Now I know buying used the frist thing to replace is the engine but being curious I decide to see if I can salvage what I can and tear it apart, read the forums here and adjust accordingly. Mid first then HSN, after getting them aligned I put some CA glue on the outside of the MID and it has held now for 2 gallons, then the LSN, this thing has some serious power!

Soon as I get this motor ripping AAA temps start going through the roof from 200 - 350. thinking the motor has had it I proceed to watch Squirrels videos on proper leak testing, I find this motor is leaking everywhere! I use the RTV were he says and WALAA this baby rips through another gallon.

Getting ready for the toys 4 tots race at MIkes hobbies in Porter TX. and BAM another issue, temps through the roof again. Come to find out the HSN rubber O ring has vanished. I decide this is it. Its going in the trash, but why not experiment with this thing, I cant find an O ring that will properly fit, so I decide to put telflon tape on the threads of the HSN and tighten it back it in then backed it back out !!

This baby now has about 7 1/2 more gallons ontop of the previous owners 4 gallons. Temps have been up to almost 400 trying to just kill this thing but good god it keeps me pulling it back in to tweak it some more.

Now I wouldn't run this thing in an event but with the luck and hard work I have put into it, O what the heck ! I will post later the results at our race this evening !
mnsanch

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Didnt happen Reply with quote

Well I never got to run it in the race but ended up buying the Dyn Mach 2 .21 engine and will keep the mac .28 for a back up engine!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: