FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Stock rear shock tower and rear gear case

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 1:10 Electric SC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

nuggy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Stock rear shock tower and rear gear case Reply with quote

Ok so i got the new updated Hyper and I'm having a serious problem with the rear shock tower bending and the rear gear case breaking. Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve the problem? The truck is amazing but I broke 3 cases in 2 hrs of running!
hyperSC82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get the CNC shock towers they are thicker. as for your case i would put longer screws that hold the shock tower on long enough to stick out of the other side of the case. maybe try boiling the case it will make it a little more flexible but that could be a bad thing you never know.
nuggy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: shock tower and rear diff case Reply with quote

thanks for the info..........new case is on back order,go figure lol
I'll try the CNC tower and the longer screws. The truck is amazing and works well my buddy just got the SCRT10 can't wait to see how it works
hyperSC82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem. my buddy has the jammin it drive very similar to the hyper they are the 2 best sc trucks made
DJ

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I modify the middle body mount to go up and support the cab of the body, if you don't do this you will continue to break gearboxes and still bend shock towers, When you land hard on the cab the body pulls the body mounts inward, remember you have 5bs. + landing upside down. Mine is done and I have the carbon fiber shock towers and it has been a long time since I've seen a break.
nuggy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: gear case rear Reply with quote

Thanks DJ Iwas wondering about that cause I noticed that the body mount doesn't touch the top of the inside of the cab I ordered the 7075cnc shock tower so I'll do the mod and replace the tower and see how it works! I will also learn to slow down ..........to many wipeouts lol I try to beat all my neighbors at my track and it gets the best of me lol I have to keep telling myself ,slow is fast just be fluid and the the truck stays upright!!!!!!!
Thanks again this is why I love the OFNA brand you actually can talk with staff and their drivers
Adam
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you do that body mod you'll save the body and the towers, on my SC i thought it was a dumb idea to have but now it's the best thing to have in reguards to saving the body from tearing behind the cab area.
nuggy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey DJ thanks for the info , is there anyway you could send me a link on how to set up the mod for the body mount and the part numbers
Thanks
Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 1:10 Electric SC All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: