FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 8.5x compatible motors ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mnsanch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Hyper 8.5x compatible motors ? Reply with quote

Can anyone post or just replie what are the most compatible motors out there for the Hyper 8.5x ? I'm trying to upgrade but only have about $200, and if upgrading to .21 can I use the existing stock motor mount ?
David S.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to use the same mount.
Here is a link for an engine about $200.00

http://www.nitrohouse.com/Engines-Engines,-.21/c33_114/p22440/Picco-Boost-21-3+2-Port-Off-Road-Buggy-Engine-w/Pipe/product_info.html
JASracer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stock motor mounts will work with .21 engines.

Here are a few engines that are respectable for around $200
Jammin JPX
Picco Boost
Werks B5
Werks B6

I hope this helps.
mnsanch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Engine Reply with quote

What about the Dynamite .21 mach 2 engine and using the ofna 086 pipe and the stock engine mount ?
JASracer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of that will work. Dynamite engines are not known for being as competitive as others, but I have never had any problems with them. I have never ran any of their .21's, I have ran their larger engines in other types of vehicles.

The pipe should be a good one. I don't know enough about the dynamite engine to know if the engine/pipe combo is ideal or not. Each engine will offer something a little different. So will each pipe. In a perfect world, you match your engine and pipe in order to compliment each other. It can become a hassle trying different pipes to get the "right" combination that suits you best.

All of that said, all of that will work together fairly nice.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hands down WERKS B5 or B6 are the top of the list, great racing engine, so you can have an idea this is what Kortz use in his Hyper a B6 with a 2058 pipe. After that the JL is a good choice, Picco boost. But none of the last two made it to the WORLDS like WERKS did. Just FYI.

Last edited by VWVR6_T on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
mnsanch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWVR6_T wrote:
Hands down WERKS B5 or B6 are the top of the list, great racing engine, so you can have an idea this is what Kortz use in his Hyper a B with a 2058 pipe. After that the JL is a good choice, Picco boost. But none of the last two made it to the WORLDS like WERKS did. Just FYI.

Well I went with the Dyn .21 Mach 2 ! The only thing lacking now is a silicon manifold seal for the header. The stock one seems to be to small and is leaking fuel out the seal because the the ofna 086 pipe header is bigger! Now I'm in the hunt for a seal or somehow to make it tighter, I'm going to try a tighter spring first and someway to make the rubber seal wider in diameter to make the pipe fit snugg as possible !
scdrj

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Ofna p/n 18068

BTW, did you get my PM?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: