FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
.26 Picco Red Dot Max Chatter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

sozo42

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject: .26 Picco Red Dot Max Chatter Reply with quote

Hello all,
I am quite new here and I ask your forgiveness if I have posted this question in the wrong spot or if I have re posted a topic already covered.
Here are my thoughts and concerns:
I purchased a .26 Picco Red Dot Max engine to replace the TRX 3.3 Traxxas motor in my T-Maxx. (4908) I read the forums for a while in anticipation of my Picco arrival. I read a lot about the motor having air leaks so I prepared myself before the motor got here by getting some red permatex silicone. When the motor did arrive, I took some time to break the engine down and put the silicone everywhere the motor could possibly leak air ( carb, backplate, EZ start plate.) The replacement was pretty straight forward. Upon starting this little beast, it fired right up on about the 3rd revolution and to this day, has never stalled out!!! I did have to drill a hole and move the exhaust pipe mount to the rear of the chassis about 1 centimeter. The pinion and spur gears are not exactly lined up, either I have to move the transmission toward the motor or move the motor toward the transmission. The gears appear to be off by about 3-4 millimeters. Also, the motor is so much stronger than the TRX 3.3. It seems in the forums people will mention the motor is more powerful, but never how much more powerful. Well, Im here to tell you! The TRX 3.3 lost its ability to bring the front end up when I converted my suspension, shocks, turning blocks, center shafts and bulk heads to aluminum. (Great disappointment!) Hence, the .26 Picco. For everyone who wants to know the power difference between the TRX 3.3 and the .26 Picco, IT IS HUGE! After 6 tanks of Traxxas 20% nitro, and 4 tanks of Byrons 25%, this Picco is pulling the front of my T-Maxx off the ground EFFORTLESSLY!! Not only does it take the front end up like a sky crane, but it also keeps the front end up until I deem it necessary to bring it down!
I have found that the Picco likes to run about 2-2 1/2 turns out on the Hi-Speed Jet. It runs pretty cool, (about 190-210 Degrees).
Now that I have rambled on and on, heres the rest of my concerns:
The Picco will sometimes chatter at idle. Is this common? When it does chatter, its not too hot, and it doesnt seem to lose power. I just dont think its right. This motor is definately a BEAST! And I would like to keep it in great shape, so if anyone could give me some input, I would be most grateful.

Scott
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: