FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Dirt oval and GTP2 diference?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric Sedan
View previous topic :: View next topic  

djchico6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:33 pm    Post subject: Dirt oval and GTP2 diference? Reply with quote

I have a dirt oval and my friend just gat the GTP2e and I see no diference on the cars. all I see is just the body, body mounts and the dirt oval has the axel extensions. does any body see anything diferent than the price?
here are a few pics of my dirt oval/ GTP2e
I am runing the claste 2200, and ESC with venom 3s, 20c X2 lipo 4000Mah. my gearing. 51/21. is fast and the motor stay fairly warm around 110 to 130. run time I am getting about 20 min. I dont know how fast is going but is fast for me.
any ideas or sugestions are always welcome. have a nice day.

electrafy2.0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wondering do u know what that means when they say a 15mm hub offset on the right did yours come with two different size hex hubs i new into on road and going to buy one of these instead of a gtp2 because they are cheaper and i am on a tight budget right now but i need to know if they have the same parts as a gt2 can u please respond back and let me know thank u
djchico6

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the dirt oval comes with the 15mm off set pieces (2) but is not on it, is optional, to make the one side of the car wider ( right side), if you are going to run it as a dirt oval you use this parts if not the car is the same. the GTP2 and the dirt oval is the same car, chassis and part are the same just different body and body mounts. that is why I gat the dirt oval.
electrafy2.0

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank u for this tip now i know which one i will buy thank u
electrafy2.0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way do have any problems with your car or is it basiclly problem free also what are the main thing generally keep a watch on as far as up keep is concerned
electrafy2.0

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i forgot to ask this a well would u think a speed passion silver arrow esc and a 5.5 turn ctrix motor would work properly
djchico6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my setup has been trouble free, my gearing is perfect for my use. I am only familiar with the mamba monster ESC and motors. my only concern is the motor heating up. I use a GPS to track my speed and is running 45, 50 mph. the motor is warm about 135.
djchico6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: New wheels and temp gauge. Reply with quote

I just gat some new wheels from GT, nice set of tires beltted, very nice. they are just a bit bigger than my other wheels, so I trim the body to make them fit. I also gat a traxxas temp gauge to keep track of my motor temp.

electrafy2.0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: very nice Reply with quote

i like those wheels where did u get them and how much were they by the way i am painting a body for my car as a winter project will be showing progress photos soon
djchico6

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the wheels on ebay, here is the item description.
Sweep Racing Kyosho Inferno 1/8 GT2 50Deg Belted Tires
they are about $30 a pair. I been running the car and they tire are very nice, very good grip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric Sedan All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: