FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
problems ontop of problems so far

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Short Course Nitro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: problems ontop of problems so far Reply with quote

I bought the truck used as stated in the engine lounge
Truck apears new in every aspect
tx steering wheel broke off
engine carb has issues,slight is too tight even after cleaned.Servo barely pulls it and it sometimes gets stuck,low speed needle is damaged
exhaust manifold gasket doesnt fit inside the header.exhaust headed spring stretches and doesnt really hold
the yellow coupler is too big on both ends so theres no seal on the exhaust

I know the needle could have been the prevouis owners fault but what about the tight slide,non fitting gaskets

the engine internals look like its never ran,all shiney new,motor has pinch and compression.

with the hsn closed the engine still floods and wont start
what up with the exhaust gaskets?
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

after sitting over night in my garage the engine seized up,piston was stuck in the sleave,Pulled engine apart only to find that the piston turned a dark gray and corroded to the cylinder wall........wtf my new dynamite .19 was nib next to it with no damege,so was my 2 force.28's and MacStar .28.....no issues.For some reason the SG .18 was screwed.

now the dynamite is giving me hell
factory break in settings it floods out big time,wont start,leamed it till it starts (3 turns out) and it runs but floods out
at 2.5 turns it runs for 30 seconds at a time,slowly dies.wont start unless I give it throttle and about 10 cranks to start
I never had an engine give so much hell on break in before.It takes over an hour to run one tank of fuel.
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man what a day
the dynamite engine wont run enough to break it in

I cleaned the sg .19 and now it runs great for a minute or two then it dies from leaning out as well,more fuel on the hsn and she boggs alot but still dies on top end,starts right back up just like the dynamite does

what or where can I find the sg .18 carb settings?
Im getting very frustrated with both engines and my next step is to slap a big block on the truck cause I can tune the hell out of big blocks without any issues,its ben awhile since I touched a smallblock
redlined_b16a

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update
the sg.18 had air leaks arround the carb neck and carb bolt,rtv'd everything......is a nice running engine so far

dynamite mach 2 .19
leaks in the same carb places and the front seal on the bearing leaks badly.F'ed up being the engine just came out the box and couldnt even break the engine in due to the factory leaks.....but thats a claim i'll take up with dynamite

on the upside the truck handles well thru the break in cycles,had one bent front drive shaft but that was no big issue.

my only fear now is wondering if my new engine will have a short life due to the air leaks leaning it out upon break in
and what about the broken transmitter?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Short Course Nitro All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: