FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
picco max 26 red dot, major problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

kris2flex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: picco max 26 red dot, major problem Reply with quote

My picco 26 has not worked well from the beginning. Check out the youtube video for a closer look on my problem. The engine is very erratic, wont idle good and the problem isn't affected by adjusting the lsn or hsn, it appears anyway. I have checked for air leaks, and i did find that it leaks some through the bearing. Will this cause this kind of behaviour? Please HELP!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYaFIzSAJ7M
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all an engine w/o filter is a NO GO. Lets start with what is the gap in the carb? I mean how wide is the air gap when carb is fulli close? It should be @ .5 to .7mm (like a credit card thick) it is very small. put the filter and keep it ALL THE TIME. doble check the bolts in the back plate and head. Adjust the needles to a factory settings. Start the engine and drop a few drops of water in the HSN needle to check for air leak. The engine is fully broke in? what kind of plug are you using?.
kris2flex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gap is approx. 0.5mm and i'm using O.S. no.6 hot plug. I've checked for air leaks around the back plate. The engine is not fully broke in, not really possible when it's acting like this.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are the needles set? because he sound lean in the video. Try to adjust the LSN till you get a steady idle and not that hi.
kris2flex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the problem, in the video it was at factory settings, but richening and leaning doesnt affect the erratic behaviour and i cannot get a steady idle at all.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is the HSN at? is it flush with the housing is out, in? same questions with the LSN. Also what kind of fuel are you using? is it new or old fuel? That is a new engine according to you, and play with the needles will help is just that you need to know where and when adjust. Tell me where is the HSN so ican have an idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: