FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
MacStar .28 questions and help needed
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Author Message
redlined_b16a



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:37 pm    Post subject: MacStar .28 questions and help needed Reply with quote

where can I find a manual with a exploded diagram of the engine
Just recently my engine is destroying glow plugs every half tank,it starts bogging for a minute then stops and presto destroyed glow plug
I know running too rich can cause that but my engine ran fine the other 2 gallons of fuel,the inside of my force .28 is golden brown so that tells me im decent at tuning,the mac head is black but it produces plenty power rich,I leaned it a good bit today and it blew clutch bearings and still blew the plug
so heres two pics of the plugs in case one blurry
mcCoy #59 Byron 20% fuel after .5 tank of fuel,7 minutes between1/4-3/4 throttle,idle was high for two minutes before it blows plug


and heres the color of the Mac button head

heres the force head with a old plug in it just to keep debris out,im just showing you this so you see that I know how to tune my engine

Ive run alot of nitro engines and never encountered this before
Upon inspection I found that my high speed needle is easy to turn and theres no o-ring on it,could sucking in excess air thru that needle cause this problem?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
VWVR6_T



Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 383
Location: Western, PA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The glow plud look like pitting around it, I can't see the head and the piston clear but this is sign of pre detonation and lean. What you found on your HSN that is a good reason to make the engine lean when you press the throtle. Get the o-ring for the needle and retune the engine. Take a look at this linkhttp://www.rc-truckncar-tuning.com/Glow-plug-reading.html I use it as a reference, it may help you too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
redlined_b16a



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok its officail my Mac is screwed,I pulled off the head everything looked fine,removed the backplate and turbo fan everything looked normal until I spun the crank I noticed that the rear crank bearing is spinning on the crank(the inner race)

upon getting the sleeve out to remove the crank I ruined the sleeve,I used an aluminum punch and lightly taped the sleve out and the edge of the sleeve chipped,Thats my fault but dang that sleeve is tight
removed the piston and it still has pinch.....too bad huh

removed the crank shaft and the front bearing,front bearing is fine,minor seal leakage which is normal

what causes a rich baby'd engine spin a bearing race on the shaft....damnit I really love my Mac
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
redlined_b16a



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWVR6_T wrote:
The glow plud look like pitting around it, I can't see the head and the piston clear but this is sign of pre detonation and lean. What you found on your HSN that is a good reason to make the engine lean when you press the throtle. Get the o-ring for the needle and retune the engine. Take a look at this linkhttp://www.rc-truckncar-tuning.com/Glow-plug-reading.html I use it as a reference, it may help you too.


so where can I get just the o-ring,does it come seprate or do I have to buy a whole carb?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
redlined_b16a



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say its run 2 gallons but reall 1.5 gallons cause I ran my X1CR on a half gallon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
VWVR6_T



Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 383
Location: Western, PA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you check in nitrohouse.com?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
VWVR6_T



Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 383
Location: Western, PA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can go with this 3 items http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_130_198&products_id=13083
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_130_198&products_id=13089
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_130_198&products_id=13091

OR just the o-ring http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_130_198&products_id=13130

For the price of the first 3 why not install all new and done with it. My 2 C.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
redlined_b16a



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not yet but I put things together just now,heres what happened
when the idle raised by itself it was cause it was sucking excess air in causing the mac to lean which explains the pitting
it wasnt really hot but that leaness must have caused that bearing race to spin on the crank

one month ago last time I ran the engine everything was black and covered with oil inside but I remember before it blew the plug it idled high

The signs were there I just overlooked them
crazy thing is I Never removed that needle before tonite.....wheres the o-ring?
I pulled the engine appart over white terry cloths

so at this point heres my option
search for a new engine or slam this one back together with a carb seal and give it a miserable death cause its toast anyway
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
redlined_b16a



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWVR6_T wrote:
you can go with this 3 items http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_130_198&products_id=13083
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_130_198&products_id=13089
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_130_198&products_id=13091

OR just the o-ring http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_130_198&products_id=13130

For the price of the first 3 why not install all new and done with it. My 2 C.

the seal you listed looks like its for the force .28,I already tried my force .28 ring.....its a no go the o.d. is too large
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
VWVR6_T



Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 383
Location: Western, PA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disregard the PM that I send you, it was for the force.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
VWVR6_T



Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 383
Location: Western, PA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redlined_b16a wrote:
not yet but I put things together just now,heres what happened
when the idle raised by itself it was cause it was sucking excess air in causing the mac to lean which explains the pitting
it wasnt really hot but that leaness must have caused that bearing race to spin on the crank

one month ago last time I ran the engine everything was black and covered with oil inside but I remember before it blew the plug it idled high

The signs were there I just overlooked them
crazy thing is I Never removed that needle before tonite.....wheres the o-ring?
I pulled the engine appart over white terry cloths

so at this point heres my option
search for a new engine or slam this one back together with a carb seal and give it a miserable death cause its toast anyway


Get a GOOD new engine, there is a LOT of options an a very good prices.
Like the JL,Werks,ODonnell all under 200.00 and they RIP. I use Werks B5 and I love it, JL it a great mill also for 175.00 or so.


Last edited by VWVR6_T on Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
redlined_b16a



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VWVR6_T wrote:
disregard the PM that I send you, it was for the force.
lol I noticed when the diagram didnt have the turbo fan,Non the less if you come across something for the mac please send it my way
I may or may not rebuild it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
VWVR6_T



Joined: 23 Aug 2009
Posts: 383
Location: Western, PA

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redlined_b16a wrote:
VWVR6_T wrote:
disregard the PM that I send you, it was for the force.
lol I noticed when the diagram didnt have the turbo fan,Non the less if you come across something for the mac please send it my way
I may or may not rebuild it


you may have a hyper, check this link http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_134_218&products_id=13178
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
redlined_b16a



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

funny thing about that is ive seen this engine advertised as a Hyper Mach .28 8port
the Block has the Hyper symbol but The head reads MacStar
how do you think the o.s. vg30 would be on a hyper7 pbs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Author Message
redlined_b16a



Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 91

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/diagrams/HoBao/Engines/HB_Engine_settings_MacStar_28.pdf
heres the manual and exploded parts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
ofna nitro talk back