FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
NOt sure what i got Need HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Dohner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: NOt sure what i got Need HELP Reply with quote

Ok i went to my local hobby shop yesterday and bought a buggy on consignment. They told me its either a Ofna Ulta GTP or a Blazer that was made into a buggy. I dont know what it is and i looked at both online but neither looked like it. Mine is a 2speed with the 3.5 engine. Its all anodized blue chassis It has road and spoke rims. It has the viper body on it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sound like a GTP, post some pictures to help you better.
Dohner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i will tomorrow. I do appricate you helping me out and i have another question. The clutch bell on this one is very tight but if you loosen the screw that holds it to the crank it spins freely. It has a ball bearing on the inside of the bell gear but on the screw side it just has a washer on the screw and looks to be just a spacer behind it. Any thoughts??
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the clutch bell you have one bearing in the inside and an other bearing in the front where the bolt secure the clutch bell to the engine shaft. If I was you just get new bearings, you dont know for how long they where there. One thing less to worry about. And Once you are there check the clutch and clean the inside of the clutch bell. You will need blue lock tide for the front bolt, just a drop will do the job. Hope this help.
Dohner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK i found out its a Ultra GTP-2 and it got the clutch issue all worked out thanks for you help on that and i actually had it out and running a little bit ago doing the break in on it since every thing on this car looks new and the guy that was building it passed away they dont think its been run. But even sissy footing it around this thing seems fast. Another question is is there a thread on here just for this model and if so could you let me know plz. I have some more questions but dont want to tie up the General discussion lounge with them.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad you got the clutch workout, this is the link to the GTP threads. http://ofna.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=21 but feel free to make your own posts, bottom line is you are not the only one with questions and you may can help others. good stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: