FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 8.5 parts ??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mnsanch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Hyper 8.5 parts ?? Reply with quote

Bought this Hyper 8.5x off craigslist for a $100 and I couldn't be happier!
Engine from the beginning was way out of tune and seems the guy I bought from stripped out the mid range needle ,,, I say stripped because every time I set and run a tank or two it backs out again and I have to set up again.
The throttle arm seems to get stuck and keeps the gap open and I have to tap the brakes to get closed again. But other than that this buggy is built like a tank!
But now I have a gallon through it and looking for some options.

Trying to find parts for the Hyper 8.5 is almost impossible. Are other buggy parts interchangable with the Ofna hyper 8.5. Srews and bolts sure but what about the rest.

Going to upgrade the engine soon and have already replaced all the electronics.

Seems most sites have deleted or discontinued the hyper 8.5 parts.

So with that said ,, for those that own the Ofna's can these buggys parts be used on each other 7, 8, 8.5, 9 etc. etc... ?

Can anyone PM with any sites that they know of?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitrohouse.com for parts.
Only a few parts can be use on the 8.5 from the 7. The 8.0 and 8.5 are basicly the same, about the 9 I dont thing any thing from the 9 will fit in the 8.5, it is a whole different beast.
JASracer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nitrohouse has the parts. Trust me, they have not been discontinued. Many places change their stock when a newer buggy comes out, but there are a lot of parts still available. I am running both the Hyper 8.5 and the Hyper 9. No parts are interchangeable, well a few are, but it is such a small list that you may as well consider them not. I can still get parts for my 8.5.
nitroexpress

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Hyper 8.5 parts ?? Reply with quote

mnsanch wrote:
Bought this Hyper 8.5x off craigslist for a $100 and I couldn't be happier!
Engine from the beginning was way out of tune and seems the guy I bought from stripped out the mid range needle ,,, I say stripped because every time I set and run a tank or two it backs out again and I have to set up again.
The throttle arm seems to get stuck and keeps the gap open and I have to tap the brakes to get closed again. But other than that this buggy is built like a tank!
But now I have a gallon through it and looking for some options.

Trying to find parts for the Hyper 8.5 is almost impossible. Are other buggy parts interchangable with the Ofna hyper 8.5. Srews and bolts sure but what about the rest.

Going to upgrade the engine soon and have already replaced all the electronics.

Seems most sites have deleted or discontinued the hyper 8.5 parts.

So with that said ,, for those that own the Ofna's can these buggys parts be used on each other 7, 8, 8.5, 9 etc. etc... ?

Can anyone PM with any sites that they know of?

EBay. Just bought a complete diff (housing, pinion and etc) for $16 and minimal shipping.
mnsanch

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Parts Reply with quote

EBay seems to be the most competitive of any shop out there! Found a guy on eBay that has an over abundant supply for me! His name is ???????????
Sorry can't give that up, I might need more parts soon, the prices on eBay are ridiculously lower than any online or LHS out there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 8 & 8.5 Pro & RTR All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: