FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
alabama manfactures racs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 9 Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

viperbill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject: alabama manfactures racs Reply with quote

well i heard that jeremy kortz is gonna be racing in the alabama manfactures race being held in june in cullman albama which is soldout ,they are taking reserves to fill the 350 limit if anyone should have to drop out i'm paid and ready to race check out the race talk on r/c tech or rcsignup.com its gonna be big
viperbill

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:37 am    Post subject: almost time Reply with quote

2 more weeks til the big one ill be posting pics of the track and of myself on track as well as jeremy kortz just hope i can drive a smooth as he does
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be waiting for the pics. GL
viperbill

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: ready to race Reply with quote

thanks, only 8 days to go
viperbill

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: race time Reply with quote

ill be leaving tommorrow around 4 pm central time for the 5 hrs drive to culman al
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know or anyone if liverc will be broadcasting from bama? I didn't see anything in their website. Good Luck, have fun
viperbill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well im back home ,i qual 62 of 78 in sports,man buggy had traction issues all weekend had the right tires and soft compound but was loose on power in crusial areas so a poor effort on my part got decent traction but with so little time doing any hard driving my timing was off .started 10th of 13 in the E=main and finished 7th so a better finiah then where i started is always good .cant really complain had a blast racing with all the cool people i met and had a great time chatting with jeremy kortz and robin nelson from ofna ,i learned a lot about the car and set ups and hope to see a better result hint hint 17mm shocks and the stand up sterring mod are da bomb if i can find my camera tommorrow ill post what pics i have
JoeCathey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you share some of what you learned, Viper?
viperbill

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do the stand up servo for the steering and relocate the battery up front,lower the ride height til i was getting the traction i needed and then adjusted the shock oil weight for the track
xxxntwv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viperbill wrote:
do the stand up servo for the steering and relocate the battery up front,lower the ride height til i was getting the traction i needed and then adjusted the shock oil weight for the track

If your car was loose on power wouldn't moving the battery up front make that worse?Also whats the benfit of the stand up servo mod.
viperbill

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MORE FORWARD WEIGHT helps the car to turn in more on the tight sections where others were pushing , 80%is the right tires for the surface and the rest is getting a good set up for the track, handling and turn in or rotation which is ride height and shock set up,i used the nitro house set up as a starting point and adjusted from there for the track conditions ,im tearing down the buggy this week and rebuilding the car from the ground up to refresh the car. i have new parts on order for the rebuild and will be ready for the weekend .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 9 Pro All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: