FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper .21 refusing to start please help !! :-(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Ecliipse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Hyper .21 refusing to start please help !! :-( Reply with quote

im new to this forum so i just want to say hi everyone. i have a hyper 7 tq sport with a newly run in macstar .21 8 port engine with the turbo plug. however i have recently changed my hyper 12v starter box to a SMD evolution starter box, as the old one stopped working, which can use a 12v gell cell or two 7.2v stick packs. i have tried to start this new engine on both power methods and had abolutly no sucsess. the wheel is starting to shread and its just a few hours old . i have tried charging the batterys and trying again but still no success . i have tried heating the engine and then trying to start it but the wheel still wont spin the flywheel. i have tried loosening off the glow plug and then attempting to start and it still refuses to spin. . i am now at the point where im thinking of selling it because i have spent over 384 not including the car and radio gear . so if anyone knows any way they could help me get this engine to start preferably without having to spend anymore money then i would be so so greatful. thanks in advance Alex
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, are you certain that the starter box wheel is actually hitting the flywheel of the engine. You said you loosened the glow plug and it still would not turn over the engine.

This can be ony two things:

1. Starter box wheel not properly aligned
2. Engine stuck at top dead center
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STARTER BOX
1. Get the batterys for the starter fully charge.
2. Looks like the starter in making a good contact with the flywheel but duble check just to be sure.

ENGINE
1. Set up the carb - let start with the idle air gap - set it up to a 1 to 1.5 mm.
2. Set up the needles to flush with the case, both of them.
3. Heat up the engine with a heat gun if you dont have a heat gun a blower can work just take longer. Make sure that the engine it is as hot as you can get it.
4.Take the glow plug off the engine that way the heat will go in and out of the engine. Make sure the piston is in his lowes position.
5. Take the charge fuel line(that is the line that is connected to the pipe) disconnect the side that goes to the pipe and blow till you see fuel in the line going to the engine or you can hear fuel in the case. connect the line back to the pipe and proceed to the next step.
6. Once the engine is HOT put the plug back a little loose and start the engine. Once the engine start let it warm up and tigh the plug.
7. Dont know what method of brake it in are you going to use but once the engine start running after a few tanks you can start to close the idle gap till you get it to around .5 to .7mm (is like the thikness of a creditcard). Every adjustment that you do to the needles make sure you run the engine for a few tanks.

This engine are very tight when new, a good warm up is a MUST, so you can get the sleeve to expand and no be so hard in the piston. A good start set up will help a lot in the life of this engines.
One more thing, make sure you linkage is properly set up.

Hope I didn't miss anything and this will help you with your engine, don't let this little engine discourage you, fight back remember you are the BOSS , lol. Cheers Let us know what was the out come.
Ecliipse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi thankyou so much for replying :) im am going to try your sugestions today
and ill post back on here my results thank you for you suggestions much appreciated :-)

Alex
Ecliipse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again ive been out and ive done everything you suggested and then i attempted to start this engine and
it fired first time thankyou so much for your help you have made me very happy :-).
you help is so greatly appreciated thanks again :-D

Alex
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greate I'm happy for you . Have fun and burn nitro , lol. If you need help with anything just drop a line.
Ecliipse

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok :-) thanks again for your help

Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: