FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Ultra GTP 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP
View previous topic :: View next topic  

davejr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Ultra GTP 2 Reply with quote

I was thinking about getting an Ultra GTP 2 rtr.(OFN34317) Probably going to mail order. I was wondering what exact body comes with this package? Every picture I see on the net looks like:

Yet, the manual I downloaded illustrates some Porsche body. I wish I could actually 'see' one, but all the stores around here are all about Associated, Losi, and Traxxas.
David S.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The M-Body (as pictured) comes with that kit.
davejr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok cool. I read somewhere that this car is based on a buggy chassis, not sure which one though. If so what parts are required to convert it over. I like that option, however I think I'll keep it onroad for most of my driving.
And for those who have an Ultra GTP2, what are your impressions of it?
David S.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is an Ultra based chassis.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davejr wrote:
ok cool. I read somewhere that this car is based on a buggy chassis, not sure which one though. If so what parts are required to convert it over. I like that option, however I think I'll keep it onroad for most of my driving.
And for those who have an Ultra GTP2, what are your impressions of it?

You just need the fr and rr shox towers, GTP front shox springs front bumper base (bumper is optional), and the towers to keep the body in place. I make one out of my Ultra LX and the parts are in fleabay. Didn't finish yet, need body, too busy with my buggy racing. Hope this help.
davejr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that does help a lot. Thank you. I really like the option of having it either on road or buggy. I just thought I might do the on road nitro thing for a while and the Ultra GTP2 caught my attention. There's a lot more streets and parking lots than there are off road tracks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> DM-ONE & GTP All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: