FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Just bought a LX1E

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JP!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Just bought a LX1E Reply with quote

I just bought a LX1E tires are junk and its a roller no electronics at all but only paid $80 for it shipped. I'm wondering what I shoud get Servo wise as I'm getting an MMM system and the 2.4ghz system from traxxas as it is cheap and I'm not worried about all the bells and whistles. I also wanted to know were I could get a spur and pinion gear? I read that the Pinions need to be Mod 1 (what ever that is) and my spur is ground to bits so I need a new one were can I buy them for cheap my LHS? Also what battery should I get 3s-4s? I wanna get something in the 5-6000mah range at least if not 8000mah. The help is apreciated as I am just getting into 1/8th scale and I'm lost I do have two SC 4x4 trucks so I can drive a bit. lol
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm got it used? thats a great deal if all that is messed up is the spur. these cars only come as a roller and cost 200 - 250 new. you could get a spur at a hobby shop for sure. the pinions are indeed mod 1s. normally the rollers come with a stock 14 tooth which you might not have if you bought it used.

i run the mmm 2650 kv setup on 4s. if you want the option to run 6s then you may need to get the 2200kv combo as the 2650 is only rated for 4s. there is a guy that posted a video on youtube of his lx1e with a 2650 on 6s and it fryed his esc :/

what mmm combo are you going with and will this be a race, street or off road bashing car?
JP!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's gonna be a racer but I'm just getting into the 1/8th stuff so 4s is plenty for me I wanna go with the 2650 mainly because I could also put it in my 4x4 slash lol. The tires were also junk buy I can get a set for like $30-$40.
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 2650 is a great race motor... you might want to start out with a 14 tooth pinion for a race track.
JP!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you happen to know the part # for the stock spur gear I ordered one through my LHS and they said they only saw the metal one and I don't wanna spend $30 on a spur.
David S.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

30110 is the part number for the nylon spur gear.
JP!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx ok another question whats the best way to get glued tires off rims and what are the best tires for a somewhat dusty and sometimes moist track?
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JP! wrote:
Thanx ok another question whats the best way to get glued tires off rims and what are the best tires for a somewhat dusty and sometimes moist track?

some peeps like to boil tires to get them off and others bake them in a oven.

to boil em just get a pot of water to boil on your stove and set the tires in the water. let them sit in boiling water for a few minutes, pull them out and the tire should be able to be pulled off of the rim. be careful as the tires will be very hot. it might be best to let them cool off first.

to bake them off, let your oven get to 475deg, wrap the wheels in tin foil and pop them in the oven AND turn th e oven off at the same time. it is said that by the time the oven cools down, you can take the wheels out andthe tires will come right off of the rims. again let things cool as it will be really hot at first.

iv tryed both methods and personally like boiling better. its said the oven method is cleaner but if not done right, it could mess up your tires and foams.

boiling could make some rims warp out of shape... tho i have never had that happen to any of my rims so far.
JP!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I just took another look at the diff and it looks like the tabs holding the spur in broke does anyone have the part number for it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: