FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
My new 10SC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Positive OFNA Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Cainam

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject: My new 10SC Reply with quote

I've been thinking about getting back into racing for a while now, and I finally picked up a 10SC about a week ago. So far, I've been very happy. The last race I entered was almost 20 years ago - I started out WAY back when 1500mAh NiCd cells were the hot ticket, and the RC10 was still aluminum. I never did stop with the R/C stuff, but most of what I have has been Traxxas. I've always thought that their vehicles weren't good for racing, but if you want to just bash, they can't be beat. . . Untill now. I wasn't going to enter a race with a new vehicle without running it, so I ran about 20 packs through my 10SC. I beat it, I thrashed it, I crashed it, I DESTROYED the body, but I haven't broken a single part on the truck. Impressive, especially considering the punishment.

The things I like about the 10SC:

Durable. Worst thing I've done was pop a ball out of the cup on the steering.

Very predictable and good handling at speed.

Nice chassis layout.

There is only one complaint I have with the entire setup - the lock to lock steering seems like it should be able to turn the wheels more. I took it to the track today, and the course has some very sharp, narrow turns, and even at a crawl the truck was way too wide. A guy there had a Slash 4X4, and at low speed he could turn inside my 10SC with room to spare. I have the end points on the steering turned up as best I can, and the physical lock is preventing it from going any further.

Other than the steering, this is a great truck!

If anyone else has worked out a mod for this, I'd love to hear about it. I'm going to tear the whole thing down this weekend and rebuild it, an if I can get something to work, I'll definately post it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Positive OFNA Feedback All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: