FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Frustrated with my lx-one .28 force motor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

slickrick

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject: Frustrated with my lx-one .28 force motor Reply with quote

I keep starting this lx-1 force .28 motor and it keeps reving up real high i reset the carb to baseline the started it and thats what its doing. Can anybody help?

Then the last time it did i think it broke the rod or something haven't had it tore apart yet? When i bought this i don't know if this thing was ever broken in properly? Is there a good way to tell? I tried to rotate the pully and its just stuck and wont go any further? im frustrated and could use some advice
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If got stock, means that the piston and sleeve are very tight and need brake it in. Before start the motor make sure you heat it up with a heat gun if you dont have a heat gun a drier blower will help. Make sure the idle air gap is about .5 - .8 mm once that is done no neet to touch anymore. Adjust the LSN and HSN to flush and start the engine. Now you should be ready for brake it in. AFter the first tank at idle (blip the Throtle eveyonce in a while to clear the pipe of load up. After that look for a steady iddle just using the LSN no need to touch anything else, once this is done you can start to brake it in procese of preference. Hope this help.

PS. If the iddle still too hight seal the back plate and carb. Becarefull taking the back plate of make sure the piston is in the highest position before take the Back plate off.
David S.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to check the throttle trim on the radio.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: