FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
.26Maxx Engine block defect

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

snknby123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:51 am    Post subject: .26Maxx Engine block defect Reply with quote

I'm having issues with this engine since break in. It has about 3/4 of a gallon of 20%. Seems to flame out and I chase the tune waaay too much. Temps never above 270 degrees. I know they are sometimes finicky but I have 7yrs in the hobby and have run my fair share of mills.

Anyway i opened her up and found this? Looks like it's a defect at the braze line (for lack of better word). it's located right behind the bearing and you can see wear at that location on the crank

What do you guys think?

Last edited by snknby123 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have pictures of the crank?
How open was the Idle air gap( at the carb)?
snknby123

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added crank pics. idle air gap was about 1mm. She fires right up and idles and runs well until it gets to temp about 220 to 250 degrees. At that point it will intermittently die (flame out?).

It looks like a defect in the cast to me. It's pretty obvious right? OFNA email page is not working so I need to call them I guess
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you need to call them,I'm sure they will ask you to send the engine to them. GL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: