FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
New (used) LX1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

bmrbob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: New (used) LX1 Reply with quote

Hi, I just got back into rc after a few years. Used to race and bash stadiums. Always liked buggies though. I just picked up a used Ultra LX 1. Its mostly stock with a new motor and am trying to upgrade it a little to improve handling/performance. I will be driving this on the track, not competitively but towards friends. I have a few questions and seems as if this is the best place for Ofna buggies.

Could/should I switch the arms to wider ones off of another Ultra buggy(or possibly 9.5, Rav, etc.)? Would it be worth it?

What is the prefered suspension setup out there? (PBS, c-hub, etc)
Could/should I switch this as well as the arms, or just this?

These are some things im planning on getting regardless.
Hitec 645MG servo
Receiver pack
Hardened front brace
Springs, oil, etc
Tires

What other upgrades or modifications are main worries? Any other suggestions are appreciated. I hope get this thing performing a little better by some simple and cost friendly mods. Thanks alot!..
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swapping to longer arms will add an additional cost to include the longer drive shafts. I would leave the buggy alone and just run it. The other items you listed would be advisable.

The other parts that are a must are the hardened ring gears for the front and back diff. And, shim the ring/pinion on the front and back diff properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: