FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
new side guard / receiver box
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 9 Pro
View previous topic :: View next topic  

={Rick}=

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: new side guard / receiver box Reply with quote

G'day All

Dose anyone know if this new side guard / receiver box is in production or is it still a prototype part?

DJ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not available yet.
={Rick}=

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks DJ,

Do you know if a release date has been set or nothing as yet?

Cheers Rick
Eliminator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i emailed rcstuff2009 <> breezesallochy on ebay (same seller)on 11-Jun
he said > should be here on next delivery end of next week.
kane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i prefere original box, lighter and optimum for KO receiver and life batteries
Hyper9Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eliminator wrote:
i emailed rcstuff2009 <> breezesallochy on ebay (same seller)on 11-Jun
he said > should be here on next delivery end of next week.

Has anyone heard when this will be available?
={Rick}=

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been told by Hobao-Racing on their facebook page that they are in the process of sending them out to the distributors/shops as we speak.
H9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one yesterday from Josh at Ryper Hobbies (Aus), more out of curiosity. I don't have an issue with the current one, but will give the new one a whirl. As a club racer, I can't see the weight difference having much impact on my results (although I did win the Buggy B group yesterday).

After having a quick look at it between races, not sure how the new AMB transponders will fit it without leaving an opening in the lid.
={Rick}=

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh so Josh has them in stock...Sweet.....I'll have to send him a email about sending one to Tassie for me :).

I'am looking at the new sideguard because ive just upgraded to lipos (finally) and have got the hump pack size as my controller/transmitter takes them aswell.

Cheers Rick

H9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Tassies new fibre broadband the govt's been harping on about, your email should only take a day or so to reach him now! :)

Yeah I might finally do the switch to lipo too, I have had a pack and regulator sitting on the bench for a very long time, waiting to be used...
stricko

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H9 wrote:
With Tassies new fibre broadband the govt's been harping on about, your email should only take a day or so to reach him now! :)

Its a pity the fibre doesn't go to people that would actually know how to use it but... Is like 3 towns in Tassie that has it, and they aren't where I live. :(
H9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got around to fitting this the other week, after my trusty flatpack Nimh dropped a cell on me (changed the brake servo twice before realising it was the battery though, dammit!).

I'm running a 1700Mah LiFe battery now, which just fits in. However, didn't use the transponder bracket in the lid as I was wary of the protruding heads of the screws rubbing on the battery. The transponder is sitting in its right place in the lid, it just isn't affixed.

Certainly does take some of the hassle out of getting to your battery, but that never really bothered me with the old battery box. The main advantage of this box is the access, and that the wires inside the box aren't being hammered by the battery to the point of fraying, due to how compact the old box is and having to cram everything in.
Jesussaves

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H9 wrote:
I finally got around to fitting this the other week, after my trusty flatpack Nimh dropped a cell on me (changed the brake servo twice before realising it was the battery though, dammit!).

I'm running a 1700Mah LiFe battery now, which just fits in. However, didn't use the transponder bracket in the lid as I was wary of the protruding heads of the screws rubbing on the battery. The transponder is sitting in its right place in the lid, it just isn't affixed.

Certainly does take some of the hassle out of getting to your battery, but that never really bothered me with the old battery box. The main advantage of this box is the access, and that the wires inside the box aren't being hammered by the battery to the point of fraying, due to how compact the old box is and having to cram everything in.

Rick from what I understand it is best used with the old transponder correct? I just placed an order for the new radio box at my LHS should be soon.

In your opinion do you think the new Transponder needs to be bolted in or is it sufficient just being placed in the box? I do crash a lot

If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it?

Thanks for all your help.
H9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is made for the older transponders, but the newer small ones fit ok - I neglected to say I am using the new AMB transponder. It seems to be fine just sitting loose in the lid above the battery. I've used a small piece of doublesided tape now to keep it in place when removing the battery.

I can't remember what I paid for it, around $25 - $30 from memory.
Jesussaves

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H9 wrote:
Yes, it is made for the older transponders, but the newer small ones fit ok - I neglected to say I am using the new AMB transponder. It seems to be fine just sitting loose in the lid above the battery. I've used a small piece of doublesided tape now to keep it in place when removing the battery.

I can't remember what I paid for it, around $25 - $30 from memory.

Thanks for the information Rick, I shall keep this mind when installing the new radio box. My receiver box has arrived, LHS wants $45-$50 AUD.

In your order did you get let guard + right guard +new receiver box for that price? Or was it just right guard + new box?

Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 9 Pro All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: