FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
picco .26 impossible to tune

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

scooter10572

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: picco .26 impossible to tune Reply with quote

I have a picco .26max in my tmaxx and have to say this motor is the worst ive ever owned. I tryed for weeks to tune it with no success, sent it to Lhs, he had it for a week and gave up also. He called ofna ( I emailed them 3 times and got zero replies) they said to send in the motor as It was still in warranty. I took it out and sent it in, they called me a week later and said it runs fine, said I was using the wrong fuel (top fuel). They sent it back and told me to use byrons. I got some byrons reinstalled the engine and fired it up, it ran too fast from the get go and when it warmed up it idled so fast the clutch was engaging. I had these same problems before either to high idle or stalling out.I tryed repeatedly to tune it, changing the settings and trying different pipes to no avail. The front bearing leaked bad right out of the box so I changed to a ceramic boca one and sealed the engine. All this to no avail tho as it does the same things.This is the second picco engine I owned , the first was an 0-1 .21 race engine that ran but very poorly. No low end and not much high end. I am done messing with this piece of poop and will not buy any picco engine in the future,Im no newbie and have 6 rc cars with a hyper 7 setup for competition with an Axe Rossi Cobra modified running 40% which I have had zero tuning issues with. All I see on forums are problems with these engines so Im not alone and I think picco should do something.I will buy an OS .21 tm and replace this piece of crap,I have one in my Revo and it runs great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: