FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Hyper 7 on the beach??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

biffyg

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Hyper 7 on the beach?? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Pretty simple question really, if I run my hyper 7 on the beach am I likely to do a great deal of damage. It is my nearest open space and the dunes and area around them look very tempting. Are there some hop ups which might improve beach readiness. Obviously i'm a little concerned about getting sand in all the wrong places!!

Pretty new to all this so any help would be appreciated!

Chris
gientsosage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD40 and canned air are going to be your best bet.

Clean your buggy real well. Then give it a rub down of WD40. That will help the sand and dirt not stick.

Bring some canned air with you and spray out your cups and other crevices every once in a while.

Bring another filter with you ,especially if the sand is dry. If you go after a good rain or early in the morning when the ground is damp you will have less grit flying around.
biffyg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Good call Reply with quote

Sounds like a good call to me. Have to get me some spare filters. The sand is always generally pretty wet down there as the tide comes right in. Lets see how it goes!! I saw some wheel nuts which had a dust cap over them, I think I'll invest in some of these too!

Cheers
stallen50

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made a cover for the bottom to protect the hole where the center diff gear is so no sand gets in the gearing. I used a piece of plastic and super glued it in place. then have fun.
biffyg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another good shout I'll get a thin piece of perspex for that..............Thanks!!
angryrecords

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the lip on the Hyper 7 chassis, I hope this will keep most of the dirt and sand out of my car on my property. I suggest you get a air compressor if you dont already have one and blow the car off when you clean it. The compressed air will blow a lot of that sand off your buggy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper 7 All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: