FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
x2 conversion question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

kelsco99

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: x2 conversion question Reply with quote

just bought jammin x2 conversion to electric.does any one know what teeth of pinions should i buy.i run 17t bell on gas.need to know what pinions to buy for electric.also a good set up would be nice.should i just use gas set up.i would like to run novak 6.5 hv pro as they are cheap but i have heard about problems.
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: x2 conversion question Reply with quote

kelsco99 wrote:
just bought jammin x2 conversion to electric.does any one know what teeth of pinions should i buy.i run 17t bell on gas.need to know what pinions to buy for electric.also a good set up would be nice.should i just use gas set up.i would like to run novak 6.5 hv pro as they are cheap but i have heard about problems.

novak says to use a 13 14 or 15 tooth pinion on rcs such as the e-maxx and revos. i would imagine you could run a slightly bigger pinion on these smaller cars but not totaly sure.
kelsco99

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i need to no if the jammin x2e conversion needs long pinions short pinions,accepts 16t or 11t.i am going to run novak 6.5hv pro.will that motor fit.the tecno lists 2.one for novak and one for castle.i have the jammin kit coming.need to order pinions and motor asap
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kelsco99 wrote:
i need to no if the jammin x2e conversion needs long pinions short pinions,accepts 16t or 11t.i am going to run novak 6.5hv pro.will that motor fit.the tecno lists 2.one for novak and one for castle.i have the jammin kit coming.need to order pinions and motor asap

well if the spur tooth count on your gas is the same as the E version then you should be able to use the listed pinions i listed. you can always look on novaks site. they have a gear chart for the 6.5 you want.
stallen50

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use 12-14tooth. I run the novak with a 14 tooth pinion. for smaller tracks i run a 12. just watch heat
EMMANUEL15

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK guys for the tooth compt but what mod pinion are you using with the stock spur gear is it 32pitch or mod 1 .
Thanks
David S.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pitch on the spur gear is mod-1

Hope this helps
Superek4

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: x2 conversion question Reply with quote

kelsco99 wrote:

Try hobbywing they are better & cheaper than Novak.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: