FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
First time Picco owner with factory setting question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

JSY0829

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: First time Picco owner with factory setting question Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

Just purchased my first Picco ever. A JL .26 Red Dot. Been a long time OS .18 and .21TM owner and wanted to try something different. I've done a search but getting different answers so the question I have is:
What is the factory setting for the HSN and LSN for the .26 Red Dot? I will be breaking in the engine today and want to start at the factory settings. Also what is the best way to get more adjustments out the the Ofna engine mount? I want to run a 17t/36t combo on my Revo but cannot get a clutch bell bigger than a 15t to mesh properly.
Glad to be a Picco owner and looking forward to see what this engine can do.
JSY0829

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot get this engine to run. It will start with the glow plug igniter but after I take it off, it stalls. I'm at 5 1/2 turns out on the HSN and 3 1/2 turns out from the ball on the LSN. I really need some help.
David S.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 o-ring hsn........3 1/2 turns from closed
1 o-ring hsn........Flush with the housing

low speed needle.....1mm out from flush of the ball joint
nitro_79

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

might have air leaks, my engine ran at 6 1/2 HSN didn't run great but it would run, I'm down to about 2 1/2 turns now, and LSN is 2 turns out from ball end or 1mm but that was a little lean for me. So try taking the HSN down to 4 1/2 and see if you can keep it running and bring your LSN in 1/2 turn, get it warm and do the pinch test for the LSN just to get you started. Great engine still trying to get mine tuned.
nitro_79

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: First time Picco owner with factory setting question Reply with quote

JSY0829 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Just purchased my first Picco ever. A JL .26 Red Dot. Been a long time OS .18 and .21TM owner and wanted to try something different. I've done a search but getting different answers so the question I have is:
What is the factory setting for the HSN and LSN for the .26 Red Dot? I will be breaking in the engine today and want to start at the factory settings. Also what is the best way to get more adjustments out the the Ofna engine mount? I want to run a 17t/36t combo on my Revo but cannot get a clutch bell bigger than a 15t to mesh properly.
Glad to be a Picco owner and looking forward to see what this engine can do.

I'm using a 16t/38t gears and have a little room to work with.
Mef

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David S. wrote:

I have question.
When I tight down low speed needle, needle is 0,5mm out from flush of the ball joint. If I want set lsn (1mm out...), it is only 1 turn from closed. Is this right?
nitro_79

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mef wrote:
David S. wrote:

I have question.
When I tight down low speed needle, needle is 0,5mm out from flush of the ball joint. If I want set lsn (1mm out...), it is only 1 turn from closed. Is this right?

You DONT want to tighten the LSN to much or it will stick to the spray bar or med needle instide the carb and when you back out the LSN it will loosen the spray bar out and also mess up the opening where the fuel comes out. You need to pull the throttle WOT then tighten the LSN down and go from there. The LSN should go inside the ball when its down all the way. So your carb may be junk now. tighten it down and then hold the carb WOT and see if it will tighten any more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: