FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
.26 max break in problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

mikeypipes

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: .26 max break in problems Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm currently breaking in the picco .26 max in my tmaxx. I am using the traxxas method, and on the 5th tank where I am supposed to gradually hit full throttle, it bogs down when I get past half throttle. I have the lsn at 1mm past the throttle arm and the hsn is a full turn past flush. The car idles fine and takes off without much hesitation. I am still fairly new to the hobby, so any help would be appreciated. I am using the stock tmaxx throttle servo and linkage and it seems to have a hard time with the carb slide. Any suggestions on a good servo setup?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the HS back to flush and just start to tune with the LS and the idle, always make sure you have a stream of smoke. Make sure you have a steady idle and keep tunin the LS till you have @ .5mm open in the idle(ADJUST FUEL ACCORDING TO IDLE LOOKING TO BE STEADY). Once this LS is done then move to the HS, no need to go back to the LS, because the fuel go through the HS side then goes to the LS. If you adjust the HS w/o get the LS tune you are getting the LS lean already. Get the engine runnin to your liking and then take the temp, remember always keep a stream of smoke. Have fun!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: