FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Front tires spinning under power

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Bones

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Front tires spinning under power Reply with quote

I am having trouble with the front tires spinning while under power and wearing them out fast. I have checked the center diff and it is different from the ones that I am familiar with. It looks to be an upgraded diff (buggy is used) and does not come apart like the stock diffs. Any Ideas on how to take these apart to change oil weight or tighten the diff to control the front wheels spinning so bad?
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upgraded diff ???? Post a picture of the diff so we can be on the same page of music.
Bones

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and find one on the web, if not I will pull one out this weekend. Check back later with update....thanks.
Bones

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, no matter what I try I am not able to get a picture on here. The best I can describe is the old ones have a set screw on the diff cups that once loose the cups come off, remove the screws from the diff housing and it comes apart. The ones that are in the buggy do not have the set screws in the cups and removing the four screws in the case do not work. Some how I have to get the cups off, are they pressed on and I just need to pull them off or am I missing something. The diffs for the Hyper 9 for example look like the ones that I am talking about....hope this helps.
triplebvalp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Bones,

In order to display a picture, you need to have a place to upload the pic to such as Photobucket. Then you place a link in your post to the Photobucket pic. Photobucket is a free picture hosting site.

Ok, the only set screw(s) that I can think of are the ones that hold the outdrive cups and one in the middle of the diff case that needs to be removed when complete disassembly is required. Now, seems as if I remember some Ultra diffs that did not have the last set screw that I mentioned or maybe the outdrive cups didn't have set screws.

If the outdrive cups don't have set screws then all you have to do is remove the four screws an "pop" that end off. It can be a snug fit.
MotionMachine999

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a PDF file of the LX-1 Manual, might save it to your PC for future reference.
poppalx1

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The diff cups are attached to the shaft that goues through the diff and has a pin in it. You need to remove thr diff from the truck first than the four screws on the gear and take it apart.
Bones

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a million guys, I will try and pull them apart this weekend and see where that leads me. Thanks for the photo bucket tip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: