FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
TS2 Slipper clutch weird sound

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

aldepoalo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: TS2 Slipper clutch weird sound Reply with quote

So I just got this kit and after everything is installed I have questions about the slipper clutch.

I tried adjusting using the same method I do with my slash, where I hold the back wheels and give it gas. If the front end doesn't come up at all I tighten. If the front end jumps up very quickly I loosen.

So I tried the same method and I hear a squeeky noise and the front end doesn't come up at all. I tighten all the way down and the front end still doesn't come up and the the squeeky noise is just louder....

So is this normal or should I rebuild the slipper clutch?

Any feed back would be great, I didn't see anything in the documentation that came with the kit, and it's an 80% pre build....

Thanks
aldepoalo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I talked with ofna today and they said to tighten down the diff, which I did. They also said to be careful not to tighten down the diff too much.

Well It does sound better, but I am still getting slipping in the diff. The technique I use to set the slipper doesn't work on this application.

I guess the gears can't take it as they are setup. So that is fixed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: