FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Got a Mutilator Pro today!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

AlienModified

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Got a Mutilator Pro today! Reply with quote

Picked up a Mutilator Pro .32 today from a listing on Craigslist. $200 for the truck, charger, starter box, some misc parts, dang near ready to run. It had been sitting for over a year, because the recoil in the pullstart broke, and he didn't feel like fixing it. He has a Traxxas 3.3 that he was happy with, didn't want to invest much into another one. I was iffy about the sale, as there was no way to start it. The wheel on the starter box was pretty worn, so that was useless, and there was still fuel in the tank, of course, also over a year old. I took it anyway, even if the motor was junk, the motor is only $160, so I could still fix it for less than retail price for the RTR kit.

I stopped at Hobbytown on the way home, picked up a new pullstart, bolted it in, pulled the old fuel, tested the glow plug, added a little After Run oil to lube it up. Primed it and a couple pulls later, it fired up! Went to take off and it bogged hard, so I leaned it out a little, drained the fuel in the motor and exhaust, started it again. Took a few tries, but I finally have it running pretty good, ran two full tanks through it of my clean fuel.

He gave me a half gallon of Byron's, but it's pretty old, and I don't know if I want to take a chance. I'm running O'Donnel's 20%, I think I'm going to stick with that and tune it for it.

I gotta say, I had my doubts, but the guy sounded honest, he wasn't trying to dump it on me just to get rid of it. He told me he didn't even need to sell it, and that he would eventually fix it. I wasn't disappointed. I love it.

My first question is where is the best place to find bodies to fit it? I'm looking for either a car body, or a pickup truck body.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Mutilator Truggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: