FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
lx-1e suggestion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

drummin89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:10 am    Post subject: lx-1e suggestion Reply with quote

I found a flaw in the lx-1e that I recently bought. The rear chassis brace is not enough to keep the rear chassis from bending up. It needs to be something that CANNOT pivot like the turnbuckle that is used can. Has to be something that mounts solid to the chassis like what is used for the front brace.

I already had to straighten the chassis out because of it. When I reassembled I installed another brace (4mm turnbuckle) from the bracket (part# 36710) thatís mounted to the top of the front/rear gear case to the top of the center diff. So far this has solved any problems with the rear of the chassis bending up. From the looks of the bracket something like this was planned as it already had a spot for the turnbuckle to mount to.

Great buggy for the price either way but someone starting out and running an ofna for the first time might not be too happy when they bend the chassis which to buy new is around $80.
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to say when i first saw that rear brace setup, i was kinda worried about it too but so far it has not giving me any trouble ... tho i do agree that a brace like the one on the front would be better for the rear.

this car is great but there are some little things here and there that should be modded that could make this car even greater.

my beef with this car is the lower arm mounts. the top arms are mounted onto metal but the lower arms are mounted on plastic.

this made my right side fall apart because the back of the gear case where the arms mounts to broke so i had to buy a whole new front gear case just to be able to mount the arms back up >:( this also caused one side of the steering bellcranks to break off of one of the crews that hold it on to the chassis, broke the little arm that holds the sway bar onto the a-arm, it bent the metal part that sits on top of the bellcranks and gear case, broke the servo horn and allowed a tiny dent to be put on the shock body so now the shock dont work smoothly

you would think with this kind of damage that the car took a really hard hit huh? well let me tell you that it was not moving very fast whats so ever and i think it was due to a weak lower arm mounts. i think it would be a whole lot more beefy if there was a metal back plate (like the one on the upper front mount) and this would have saved all them other parts from breaking.
drummin89

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I just posted something similar on the nitro ultra forum http://www.ofna.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12394 but it happened to my lx-1e. I agree though the lower arm holders should really be separate from the gear case.

The higher end buggies have the holders separate from the gear case. The jammin x2 crt I just got is like that. And it uses aluminum cnc holders as well.
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats just what i was talking about.... i agree the lower arm mounts should be a separate part and maybe metal as well. i think even a simple metal back plate (like the front upper mounts) would do wonders for it.

next question is.... will that front end from the jammin work on the xl-1s?

Last edited by FoxProGT on Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey drummin.... just to make sure...this is how you mounted the second link correct?

drummin89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup that's exactly what I did.
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perfect :D

ill do what ever to make this beast even tuffer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: