FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Throttle Hangs In Air

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Wratherax

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:57 pm    Post subject: Throttle Hangs In Air Reply with quote

A good bit of the time when I hit a jump and go into the air with my Jammin X1, the throttle will hang open and cause it to come down on its rear end. The servo and throttle return spring appear to be functioning normally when I'm holding the car in the air to check it out. It only does it when running around the track just after leaving a jump.

Any ideas?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you keep the TH it will pull back like if is going to flip back, if you press the brakes it will take the nose down. Once the buggy is in the air the engine will free up cousing accelerate even if your finger is steady in the same position when hit the jump. You can play in the air with the TH and Brake to control the buggy.I hope this answer what I understood about your question.
Wratherax

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already know what you've stated, but thank you for trying to help out.

The problem I am having is that when I let off the throttle, it doesn't drop back down to (or near) idle when in the air. The RPMs stay quite high. If I apply brake, it will cause the RPMs to drop, but it also causes the tires to stop spinning which of course causes the buggy to nose dive, so I try to avoid that if possible.

I used a black hair tie and wrapped it around the servo arm and air filter to help bring the servo arm and carb back to idle position when I let off the throttle and it seems to be helping. I'm guessing I don't have the actual throttle return spring setup correctly or something, but I've tried adjusting it multiple times with no difference made whatsoever.

It might just be the servo. I've noticed that the stock servos on the Jammin X1x seem to be a little bit lacking in power (especially the steering servo).

Any other ideas?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it, ok, did you try to adjust the EPA with the transmitter in the Th & Brake servo?
Wratherax

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EPA?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endpoints Adjust
Endpoint adjustment enables the user to extend or limit the amount of servo travel in both directions. The range of motion is set separately for either side of the transmitter neutral position. The servo travel can be set to extend beyond the manufacturer's normal limits, or it can be limited to travel not as far. Each endpoint is set individually allowing the user to offset control surfaces. The total servo travel can be set up to 250% of normal servo travel.

- Caution -
Care must be taken to operate the servo within its useful range and without hitting its physical stops. If the Range Setting is used to extend servo travel beyond the servo manufacturer's recommended limits then the user must test the servos to make sure they operate correctly. VeeTail, L.L.C. makes no claims to the effect that all servos will work in this extended limit mode. Test servos in both directions with trim settings extended to both extreme positions. Make sure the servos do not strain or make a buzzing noise when they are set to their full limit in either direction. If you are unsure about your servo’s ability to operate past the manufacturer's normal limits, then it is recommended that you only use this feature to limit the amount of servo travel and not to extend it.

All depends wich transmitter do you have you can play with the different adjustments from the tx. like servo speed,EPA and others.
rkhess

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did u try to rich'n the bottom and lean the top ?small adjustments at a time
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Off-Road Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: