FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
O-ring sizes for pinch-pin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Streaks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: O-ring sizes for pinch-pin? Reply with quote

Hey guys!

Just blew the o-rings on my Hyper .21 8P's pinch-pin (the two piece pinch pin that holds the carb in), and was wondering if anyone else has ever had to replace these. If so, what size are they?

Thanks!
Streaks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone.....anyone.....hello?....Beuhler?
DJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Streaks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right that's the part....however rather than spend ten bucks on a part I don't need....i.e. the pin....I just would like to replace the blown o-ring. Sssooooo I was asking to see if anyone knew the part numbers for just the o-ring or if anyone knew the size and material of said o-rings so I can order them from an o-ring manufacturer.
Streaks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who may have the same problem....OFNA apparently doesn't know the size/composition of these o-rings. Also I was told that they tend to snap when trying to install them on the pin (makes me suspect they're nylon), and that it's basically too tough to install them. They suggest buying the new pin kit.

Personally, I'm going to go raid the local paintball shop's o-ring selections. I know a lot of paintball guns use a huge assortment of nylon o-rings (thinking of the Dye Matrix series and Shockers for example), so I'm pretty sure I'll be able to find something there. And even if I buy ten of them and snap 9 before I get one installed, I'll still only be out like $2 vs the ten for the pin.

I love OFNA.....but it seems a little lame to me that they'd not know the o-ring specs at the very least, even if they don't offer spares.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you solve the O-ring problem?
Streaks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No not yet, just started a new job so haven't had much time to think about much else :D
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Hyper Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: