FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
clutchbell gear teeth and the transmission spur gear teeth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  

edgator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: clutchbell gear teeth and the transmission spur gear teeth Reply with quote

I recently noticed that the teeth that are connected to the engine, I guess the transmission spur gear teeth, has more resistance than it used to. What I mean is that before , when I had a proper mesh of the teeth, it would spin freely and smoothly. Now, when I move the car forward and backward, it feels hard to move. It's a Force 26 engine, ultra mbx comp. Anyone know what this might be? I ran the car and it ran fine. I just don't know if it will wear out the teeth sooner.
Eggbert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll have to check the whole drivetrain. I'd say have a look to make sure the brakes arn't binding first. Could even be a radio adjustment if it's your brakes (throttle trim adj). Mesh should be checked....just a tiny tick of freeplay when holding one gear and rocking the other.

edgator

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eggbert wrote:
You'll have to check the whole drivetrain. I'd say have a look to make sure the brakes arn't binding first. Could even be a radio adjustment if it's your brakes (throttle trim adj). Mesh should be checked....just a tiny tick of freeplay when holding one gear and rocking the other.

Thanks. Actually took apart the clutch bell housing and the one clutch shoe was blown and a bearing was blown. I replaced both and with proper mesh of the teeth, the car moves smoothly. Only issue now is that after a couple weeks of not running the engine, having trouble starting. But that's part of the fun! Thanks again for your help.
Eggbert

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it fixed. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to provide on-line help without seeing the vehicle, but I try.

I find that the carb can gum up a bit after sitting. If its only a few weeks, and you manage to get it started, the fresh fuel will usually de-gum the carb by the time you run a tank of fuel through it. Otherwise, you can strip down the carb and clean it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Engine Lounge All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: