FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Car is Accelrating On its Own

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

edgator

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Car is Accelrating On its Own Reply with quote

Have a problem I can't figure out. When I start car it starts fine. I hold car off the ground and give it gas because I'm scared it will run away. I give it gas and then almost full throttle and it goes crazy. It starts accelerating on its own. Slows down on its own. then accelerates again without me doing anything. I changed locations where I run car in case it's interference. (I have a stock, cheap AM radio). Don't think it's interference. Put crystal in from my cousins radio and did the same thing. Took it to a shop and they checked the car and everythings perfect. Could it be my idle screw is incorrectly tuned? It took off by itself a couple of times and scared to run it. Anyone have this happen before? What could it be? Thanks.
DJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your having radio problems, if they were cheking the car when the engine was not on, or tapping the recvr to find the glitch then they are not good at finding the problem, several things to check first is the crystal make sure it's seated properly and then strap some tape over it so it will not vibrate out, next make sure your battery holder is not craked and that the batteries are strapped in also one jump and the battery falls out and losses connection and then you have a runnaway. It's good to have a rubberband around the throttle linkage so it can return on it's own if you do have some sort of runnaway. Next check for bounded,bent or frayed wiring, if any wire is smashed in some sort of way then the wires may no longer be good.
edgator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DJ. I didn't check for cracks in the battery holder and I didn't put tape to hold the crystal. The wires look good. I will also put the rubber band on the throttle linkage. That will definitely help in case it goes crazy. I may invest in a 5 cell humppack since it could even be a loose battery. Appreciate your help. If it wasn't for a stop sign, my car would've been flattened by an F150 flying down a busy avenue. Thanks again. I'll post when I its resolved and what cause was.
edgator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DJ. I didn't check for cracks in the battery holder and I didn't put tape to hold the crystal. The wires look good. I will also put the rubber band on the throttle linkage. That will definitely help in case it goes crazy. I may invest in a 5 cell humppack since it could even be a loose battery. Appreciate your help. If it wasn't for a stop sign, my car would've been flattened by an F150 flying down a busy avenue. Thanks again. I'll post when I its resolved and what cause was.
edgator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it turns out the radio was bad. Taped down the crystal, and checked everything and it still went crazy. Put in a 2.4ghz radio and the problem went away. Probably a good thing anyway. Wanted to upgrade the radio eventually. I was just forced to do it sooner.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: