FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Picco max 26 red dot - break-in issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are getting 240 at 50 deg, once the weather change you do have to change the tune according to outside temps. Everytime you change something in the engine you do have to re-tune, either fuel,pipe,gearing, etc.
nitro_79

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, the fun of nitro. I went a head and pulled it apart. I've got a couple other things apart and am replacing my radio so I thought it would be a good time to down the revo. Pulled the picco apart, like I said before looks good, did notice that I could see light through the front bearing seal so I guess I could have been getting air through there. I ordered a new boca ceramic for the front. I will say that this thing is tight, the tolerances are very very tight. the crank fits real snug in the bearings, very well built wouldn't expect anything less from them. I will repost once I get my new bearing installed and also ordered some of the lucky 7 air seal I'll give that a shot. Thanks for the advise, hope I can get it back together by Friday.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COOL
nitro_79

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got the new boca front bearing installed, ya know they get easier after a few engines. this one wasn't that bad but I've had some difficult ones to change bearings. the lucky 7 air seal worked great, all new orings, just waiting on my new DX3S rx so I can fire it up. I will repost once I get it up and running.
nitro_79

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

got her out today and was tunning, It does run better, I am down to 2 1/2 HSN and I've got a few seconds of run time on the LSN with pinch test. It runs good lots of smoke, but just doesn't have any punch through 1st gear, it hits 2nd hard. Just seems like it slowly goes through 1st gear, I would say that I would need to lean the LSN to get more low end punch, but I'm starting to see 260-270 temps, and honestly it doesn't start to run good until I get in the 240-250 range. It fires right up even after its hot, and doesn't run all erratic like its getting lean. I'm not sure but I think I'm going to get a new plug and some new fuel and see what happens. If no change then I'll shim it and go with 30% and see what happens.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: