FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Please Help-Frustrated-Electric Starter-MBX Comp

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

edgator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Please Help-Frustrated-Electric Starter-MBX Comp Reply with quote

Having a problem with my electric starter. I had to order a new handheld for the starter because button on last one went bad. I've been trying to start the engine for two days and have had no luck. I checked the connections. All seems fine. Primed fuel into the engine. Heated engine with blowdryer, put a few drops of fuel in engine. I connect the handheld and nothing happens. I took starter motor off the assembly and tested it and it spins. Runs fine. When I screw it back in, nothing happens. I took glowplug out, and piston moves up and down without a problem. I'm not sure what to do now. I'm new to Nitro and was loving the car during break-in but haven't been able to enjoy it since starter handheld broke. I know new Force engines can be tough to get going but I really want to figure this out. All I get is an occasional turning of the flywheel and then nothing. Is it an airleak? Sometimes when I push down on starter motor, it tries to turn again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Should I convert to another starting method? Torque start or something? I've read alot of these easy start motors burn out.
Thanks
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realeas the glow plug one or two turn and try again. Maybe the engine is load. If this work do it for a few times and connect everything back and try. Hope this help. The engine still new even with the brake in still have some pinch, heat it up with the heat gon very good to about 200deg.(if you have a temp.gun) is not doesn't matter make sure is hot, This will help the starter to turn.
edgator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will try that. The starter motor gets hot fast and my handheld battery loses charge fast. This is frustrating. I will let you know if it works.
Thanks again.
edgator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Ditched Electric Starter, Put in a Pull Start Reply with quote

Well, electric starter motor wires went bad. Ripped out. Took electric starter kit off my buggy, and put in a pull start with one way bearing. Starts easy and finally enjoying the car. After reading many posts on electric starter problems, I realized I needed to ditch it and go to a different starter set up. Car is driving incredible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Force Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: