FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Pics of my LX-One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

jderosa3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Pics of my LX-One Reply with quote

This is my first Nitro R/C... it's been a long time since I have messed with these. Last time was my Tamiya Grasshopper!.

Just wanted to post a pic of my first custom paint job for it. Great RTR... works perfect!

VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice looking buggy. There is a track in Oh, Browns hobby shop. http://brownshobbyshop.com/ come on down.
DJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks nice, now go and get it dirty.
jderosa3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Already way ahead of you... been driving this thing like crazy. Bummed though... I already broke the pull start. Ordered another one. Does the Traxxas EZ-Start work with the Force .28 Engine?

Browns Hobby is only 50 minutes away from me. I'm gonna get down there one day soon. I never been to a track before... can you just practice run on days when there are no races?

VWVR6_T What year is your VR6?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Vr is 2001
And yes you can run anytime you want, no need to wait for racing days and it is free. I'm aboy 40min from there. I was there las saturday and broke my steering servo , a better one on the way.
jderosa3

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. I have owned a good number of VW's - I currently have a 2002 Jetta Wagon... nothing special, but I like it. Never owned a VR6 because I heard they are hard to work on - guess it is all relative though!

Glad to hear you can run anytime and it's free to run. I look forward to hitting it up one day. I upgraded my stock servos before I even ran my LX-One... got Futaba 3305's for both the steering and throttle (probably over kill for the throttle)

Anyways... what servos did you pick up?
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice hear that, A fellow DUBBER!. That's all that I own in my life just VW I don't know nothing else till my wife corolla. They are not that tuff to work on, 4cyl are a little symple just because you have a little more room but the satysfaction of the sexy sound of a VR you won't mine to have one, lol.

The servo that I order was the Hitec 7955, shouldn't have any problems with this servo, will see. The Futaba 3305 is just fine for the T/B don't worry.
jderosa3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya... the sound of a nice engine is always a pleasure. Maybe I will look into one eventually.

Thanks for the tip on my servo too.
poppalx1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know if you got your answer about the Traxxas easy start but it will not work on a big block. I tried on my LX1 I also own 10 RC's from Traxxas so I couldn't help but try to see if it works.
drummin89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend a shaft starter.

I have this
https://www.myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?sku=OFN50633&itemname=backplate_force_xtm_picco on my force .26

and use this https://www.myatomic.com/catalog/viewsku?sku=OFN50624&itemname=shaft_start_with_power_handle_150mm_shaft to start it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra LX Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: