FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
picco .28 engine bearings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines
View previous topic :: View next topic  

hondaguy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:14 pm    Post subject: picco .28 engine bearings Reply with quote

hey guys i have a picco .28 the new version. i was woundering if any body has had problems with the front bearings. the engine is almost brand new. 10 tanks threw it. i ask cuz when im done running it i look at the front bearing and it looks like there is oil or unbernt fuel leaking from the bearing a small amount. Also when i punch the throttle the engine seems to bog alittle before it gets to wot and then when i let off the throttle the idle goes up and down before it goes back to idle. sounds like its bouncing of a rev limmiter. i checked for air leaks but i cant seem to find any. i have a good trail of blue somke comming out of the stinnger
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: picco .28 engine bearings Reply with quote

hondaguy wrote:
hey guys i have a picco .28 the new version. i was woundering if any body has had problems with the front bearings. the engine is almost brand new. 10 tanks threw it. i ask cuz when im done running it i look at the front bearing and it looks like there is oil or unbernt fuel leaking from the bearing a small amount. Also when i punch the throttle the engine seems to bog alittle before it gets to wot and then when i let off the throttle the idle goes up and down before it goes back to idle. sounds like its bouncing of a rev limmiter. i checked for air leaks but i cant seem to find any. i have a good trail of blue somke comming out of the stinnger

Call tech support, make sure to have your receipt.
hondaguy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys what is the size of the bearings in the picco .28 it looks like i have a leaking front bearing. the bottom of the case is all wet. the engine is almost new. i called ofna but they want me to send it in. i dont se why they cant just send me a front bearing. what do they think im lieing about it leaking. no matter what i do i cant get it to run right. i think im just going to buy someceramic bearings. whats a good set of seramic engine baerings for my picco .28
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you call the honda dealer and ask for the parts that need to be replace in your car?, just because is in warranty they will give you the parts? NOPE. They want to know what when wrong and used that data as a reference for the future. Works the same here bud. Go to nitrohouse, engine parts they have it. Part number ofn51311
hondaguy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i work as a auto tech at honda so ya they will give me the parts. i have had all kinds of engine and ofnais the only company that wont send you parts. every enginei have had a bearing problem with the company has sent me the parts to fix it. the thing is i have checked for air leaks and i cant find any. so i dont know what to do. i never had an engine that was so hard to tune like this one. the problem is after a wot the idle surges before it goes to narmal idle. hsn is 3 1/2 out and the lsn is 6 turns out. i dont know what to do. the manual says 10 to 11.5 turns out on lsn witch is almost falling out and way to rich i cant seem to find the correct lsn setting.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell you that the setting is way off, that looks like for brake in the eng. Start the engine let him reach temperature. Pinch the fuel and count how many sec. the engine took to turn off. It should take @ 4 to 5 sec. to turn off. If take more than that go ahead and close the LSN till you get what I explain above. Once you have the low end set move to the HSN, Get the HSN 2 1/2 turn from close or flush run the car for a few min. listen to the engine how react, smoke. If you fell the engine bug close the HSN 1 hr at a time, once you get this done. Come back to the LSN and test again how the LSN react to the pinch test. Last, Once this is done and you like how it runs, drive the cat for a few minuts and check temp. one you check temp adjust the HSN as necessary according to the temps. LSN do not need to touch it again. Let me know if this work for you.

Note. No every eng. work the same even the same brand and model.

PD: You mention that you run this engine for 10 tanks? Did you brake in the engine? Also , with the brearin like it is should hold tune unless you have a lake of fuel under the engine. Seal the back plate and carb just to be safe if doesn't hold tune, you stll have to replace the bearing.
hondaguy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i try that. i did brake it in. i ran it today and it seemed to do good temp 220 230 max and at idle the temp drops a couple degrese. but today it will be ok and tomarrow it wont hold a tune. i checked for air leaks and i cant seam to find any but when im done running the truck there is oil on the bottom of the case near the front bearing.the other day the bottom of the case was soaked with oil. i havent took the engine of the truck to test for air leaks but i spray soapy water behind the flywheel and i get no bubbles. should i take the flywheel off to check for a fron bearing leak.
VWVR6_T

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know the set up of the enngine and fuel tank, but if you have fuel under the engine like you mention, that is a lot. Run the truck for a few tanks and take the flywheel out and inspect the bearing for wet and under the engine, check for craks in the case. Did you chek the fuel lines? That is easy and cheap to replace. What about the fuel tank, it is good? no leaks? Check the center diff for leaks also( I know nothig to be with the engine but hold oil also). It hold tune today lets try again tomorrow. Once you take the engine out why don't you seal the back plate and the carb, just for a little warranty. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PopyUFy6j34
hondaguy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tank is brand new the fuel lines are new i have sealed the back plate and the carb when i got the engine. i really havent had any bearing problems on my other engines.my picco .28 has a 1/2 gallon ran threw it. i tested for leaks and i cant seam to find any but the bottom of the case is wet after a run.i will probibly take the flywheel of and test it that was. maybe the engine has to be warm to leak. it will run ok but after a wot the idle surges before it comes down. maybe its just a tune.
hondaguy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anybody know where i could get a good set of ceramic engine bearing for picco .28 i want to replace them with ceramic if they are leaking. i have the part numbers for the stock bearing but it dosent tell me what size they are.
nitro_79

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to this link and buy this cheap caliper, works great for this kind of stuff. and then pull your bearings and measure them yourself. I've used boca bearings on my engines. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47256
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Picco Engines All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: