FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Electric Start Not Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  

edgator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Electric Start Not Working Reply with quote

Almost done breaking in engine and now the starter isn't working. Fully charged battery and everything but nothing happens when I try to start it. Red light turns on but engine doesn't turn over. No sound at all. Could this be a glowplug? I checked the wires and they're all in place on starter motor. Engine isn't flooded either. Not sure what to do.
David S.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a connection or the motor. The glow plug should not have anything to do with the engine not turning over. Make sure the ground wire is tight on the engine.
edgator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I just noticed the yellow ground wire is actually kind of loose. I'll tighten and give it a try. I'll let you know. Appreciate it.
edgator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tightened ground wire and still nothing. Maybe the wires are in the rubber boots but not fully connected at the ends? Not sure what to do.
David S.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may have to remove the assy. and test the motor by itself. It may be a bad motor.

Hope this helps
edgator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Finally figured it out. The handheld starter button is the problem. i noticed after opening it up that the circuit for the button was open and electricity didn't flow all the way. I connected it to the car and touched both sides of the circuit with metal needle nose pliers on circuit board, simulating a closed circuit, and the car started right up. I will solder the circuit and put in a new button or switch. I know it's kind of a weird fix but shouldn't be hard. Thanks again for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> Ultra MBX Comp Series All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: