FAQFAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesP.M. Log inLog in
Venom LIPO Fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

ZR1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Venom LIPO Fire Reply with quote

This weekend we decided to run our new 1/8th scale jammin buggies, with mamba max ESC-2650 combo. INstalled a new Venom 30C 3200mah 14.8v 4-Cell LiPO Battery. After 3 minutes of racing the car burst into flames. Scared the hell out of us.
I am new to the electric side, doing nitro for many years and never saw anything like that. I called Venom yesterday, awaiting callback. I should state that all the setiings on the ESC were set to default
Anyone hear of issues with this or any other 4S LIPO buring up?
FoxProGT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Venom LIPO Fire Reply with quote

ZR1 wrote:
This weekend we decided to run our new 1/8th scale jammin buggies, with mamba max ESC-2650 combo. INstalled a new Venom 30C 3200mah 14.8v 4-Cell LiPO Battery. After 3 minutes of racing the car burst into flames. Scared the hell out of us.
I am new to the electric side, doing nitro for many years and never saw anything like that. I called Venom yesterday, awaiting callback. I should state that all the setiings on the ESC were set to default
Anyone hear of issues with this or any other 4S LIPO buring up?

it was the battey that cough fire and not the esc?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OFNA Nitro Talk Back Forum Forum Index -> 1:8 Electric SC/Truggy/Buggy All times are GMT - 9 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: